Oaxaca in November

Old Nov 17th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oaxaca in November

We had the pleasure of visiting the lovely city of Oaxaca in early November a town surrounded by magnificent mountains. My wife and I traveled with another adult couple all in our 60's and we felt a tour would enhance our experience.. We stayed at the Quinta Real, an upscale hotel located in the central part of town. Making it easy to visit the churches, museum, town square, local markets, restaurants (either street food order more refined places for your palate) were all at your finger tips.. After some research we found ([email protected]) run by Suzanne and Benito who are licensed guides. They have their own a/c vans that can handle any size party in an environment that will please any traveler. They took us to small villages that specialize in black clay pottery, painted wood carvings, masks, and natural dyes that that are weaved into beautiful rugs, the best I've ever seen. With a rich history visiting Monte Alban and other archelogical sites must be included in your trip. During one of our hikes Benito impressed us with his knowledge of birds and plant life and he takes great pleasure in doing small intimate tours just for this purpose (Dec-Feb). We spent 9 days and didn’t see everything. You can contact me at [email protected] to answer any additional questions. A memorial trip and we can’t wait to go back!!
Thanks Mark
Old Dec 4th, 2014, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice trip report.