Search

Nicaragua or Peru

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicaragua or Peru

Hi everyone,

My friend and I were planning on a 10 day trip to Nicaragua in April of 2009. After reading the helpful posts here and on tripadvisor, we are rethinking the trip. It seems that it will be very hot in Nicaragua during that time of year as well as very busy because it will be Semana Santa (I think I spelled that correctly). I think we might plan the Nicaragua trip for the end of August.

We are now considering Peru, visit Cusco, climb MP and hopefully visit the rainforest. Is that a good time to go? I know it is not high season and that it might be a little rainy.

Should we stick with Nicaragau? Go to Peru? or are there are other places you think we might want to consider? We are limited to April 3-13, 2009 and a budget of about $2,000 airfare included.

We would truly appreciate any help. You all are so knowledgeable and informative. This site is amazing!

Thank you.
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 10:28 AM

Received 33 Likes on 2 Posts
I visited both Peru and Nicaragua in the last year and much preferred Peru. Nicaragua was lovely and, I'm guessing, similar to other Central American destinations. Peru was amazing - like nowhere else I've ever been or can imagine. Machu Picchu lives up to its billing. I'm not sure about the rain. I think it may be starting to let up by April, although you could easily find out by searching Peru weather. August would definitely be good for Peru, weather-wise. You'll love both places - I'd just give Peru the nod if I had to pick one of the other.
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 12:40 PM
P_M

I haven't been to Nicaragua but I can't imagine it would be better than Peru, that country is magical. Please click my name and find my trip report for more info.
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM

I've been thinking my next trip after Costa Rica will be Peru in July 2009. So I've started some basic research and found that the airfare is very expensive - $1200 round trip pp. And the flights from Denver are long - 14 hours average. Peru looks amazing but not cheap or easy to get there.
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 06:47 AM

www.copaair.com

Great web specials from MIA

$140/fees each way

via PTY

Great ride.