Notices

Need your advice re: Mazatlan

Old Feb 14th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Shelli

Need your advice re: Mazatlan

Hi All,

We are planning a trip to Maz in Mid-May - any advice re: Playa Mazatlan Hotel? Also any advice re: MAZ in general would be much appreciated!

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:30 PM
Kat

We stayed at the Inn at Mazatlan so can't help you on the hotel. (It was okay, but son was upset with dead cockroach discovered on arrival. Don't miss Senor Frogs - okay food, but great fun. The waiters are very entertaining and playful. Everyone was literally dancing ON their chairs at one point. Also - a terrific spanish restaurant diagnally across from Inn at Mazatlan. Otherwise food less than impressive in most places. Banana boating and jetskiing fun, though. Enjoy yourself! Kat

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:10 PM
Shelli

Thanks for the advice Kat!

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 07:47 PM
Pam

We stayed at the Playa Mazatlan twice and really recommend it. It is really the gathering place for everyone - the band plays every night, fireworks on the beach on Sunday evening, etc. There are more luxe hotels but this one is special in many ways.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Randy Petersen

I have a great book on Mazatlan for you. It is called Mazatlan Inside out by Ray Damerell. Some friends loaned it to us when we went. We bought one ourselves at the airport in MAZ. We stayed at the Camino Real Which is now called Playa Real Mazatlan. It is the only place I would stay because it is away from the venders. The are so unrelenting they shade you on the beach.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:25 PM
shelli

Hi All thanks for the responses - we are now staying at Pueblo Bonito any pro's or con's ?