Reload this Page >

Need Help! - Restaurants and things to do in Acapulco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Laurie

Looking for some good restaurants in Acapulco and what to do. We know about the divers but what other interesting things are there to do. Are there any good side trips? Thanks for your help.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 06:05 AM
Beth

Paridisio in the mountains is good.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Rick

Try La Bistro-Quette restaurant. It's about 1 block in from the main street, down by the Hyatt. Also, go to Pie de la Cuesta for an afternoon. There you can relax on the beach on the ocean side, or go jet skiing or water skiing on the lagoon side. They have a little restaurant there accross from the Tres Marias hotel. I like to have a drink at sunset at the hotel that some movie stars used to own in the old part of town. Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa is about a 3 hour bus ride away and is definately a different experience from Acapulco. It's alot smaller, cleaner, and more authentic Mexico. The buses are great so don't worry about that.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 07:16 AM
chris

if it is still there ( 5 years ago)<BR><BR>Mi Casa Sus Casa ( my house is your House)<BR>awesome view, set high up on a hill, the lights of Acapulco twinkle below, you feel like a Hollywood Star looking down at your paparazi!<BR>the food, excellent, mex to american cusine, flambe tableside, coffee drinks lit on fire tableside, <BR>You feel like your dinig at someones house, the patio is outdoors, with a small pool that reflects light around the tables, the owners are right there as you come in, call for resrvation, its not expensive but not cheap, probably 50$ per couple, its worth it

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 07:08 PM
ttt

To the top.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Margo

My husband and I visited Acapulco for the first time last April (7 days). We stayed at the Los Flamingos hotel -- absolutely wonderful, a little slice of heaven and inexpensive. This is the hotel Rick refers to as being previously owned by Johnny Weissmueller (Tarzan) and John Wayne. Used to be a hideaway for Hollywood stars of the 30's-50's. BEAUTIFUL and quiet even though it's near Mexican homes it seems quite apart. Other tips: Yes on "Su Casa" - friendly service, food is delicious. (We are Mexican-Americans born and raised in Michigan, parents originally from Texas so we pretty much know Mexican food.) Another tip: Take the blue bus which is air-conditioned and costs $.40 up/down the main thoroughfare. Shop at the Wal-Mart or Sanborn's Pharmacy. Also important to see is one of the last works of Diego Rivera, on the wall of a home at #6 Calle Cerro de la Pinzona. Also marvelous to see is Acapulco Princess and the Puerto Marques area.

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 12:21 PM
xxx

Margo, I just love the Los Flamingos! Want to stay there but have not. Did you enoy it?

Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:47 PM
GoTravel

ttt for Melissa