Villeneuve-Les-Avignon Restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello-- I have seen lots of postings on and around this town, but nothing about restaurants other than La Prieure, which I am not really into. We are going to a nice dinner the next night and wanted some place smaller, more local...Any suggestions? Our budget isn't low necessary, but we are really into a more low key local place.
Also, we definitely want to eat in Villeneuve, since we will be arriving back from a 5 hour wine tour at 7:30 and definitely not into driving anytime thereafter. We could do the cab thing into Avignon, but I would rather stay in Villeneuve and be able to relax in one place....
Thanks in advance for the help!
Old May 11th, 2006, 06:18 AM
blh

We had dinner at Restaurant La Maison and enjoyed it very much. It is very small - so you would need reservations most evenings. Our food was very good and not expensive. The restaurant is in the center part of the old town. There were not too many choices that we could find. It was a very relaxing evening after a long day of touring for us.
Old May 11th, 2006, 06:29 AM

Several years ago we ate at a restaurant that had St. Andre in the name, can't remember it's exact name; it was good, small,local, and in the old section, also. If it's still there, it shouldn't be hard to find since V-L-A is such a little place. It was recommended by our hotel, de l'Atelier.

It seems from your post that you've been in V-L-A before; I thought it was a wonderful little village and would like to visit again someday.

Old May 11th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much!! I am actually leaving in a few hours, so I got this just in time
Old May 11th, 2006, 07:41 AM

mayall,

This may be too late for you, but Aubertin is lovely, a little pricey, La Maison is very good and very low key, and also, try La Banaste, right on the main street...very nicely run by a husband and wife..she serves, he cooks..very good food....Enjoy!