Need Buenos Aires hotel suggestion

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I am attending a wedding reception at the Restaurant Rodizio - Costanera in Belgrano section, the restaurant is right on the waterfront. This will be my first time in BA so I'm looking for a good hotel recommendation that is relatively close to the reception (we are going to take a cab). We'll actually be in BA for a whole week and have booked three nights at the Park Hyatt in Recoleta area, but need to find three more nights elsewhere. I'm not sure if we should stay in Belgrano area, from what I understand it is quiet? Or perhaps Palermo (or even Recoleta). We are a young couple and also want to be in a happening area with restaurants, cafes, nightlife, etc. Thanks!
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 10:49 PM

I can't advise, because I haven't visited BA yet, but what price range and when do you want to go? Would you consider an apartment?
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Original Poster

I'm thinking $100-200 per night, and I'll be there soon actually -- March. We would probably consider an apartment but I'm not sure we could find one for only 3 nights?
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 03:32 AM

There are many options in Las Caņitas and Palermo Soho and Hollywood. Here are the top hotels in these areas...All three areas are young and happening.....

Tailor Made Hotel. Arce 385, Buenos Aires 1426, Las Caņitas.
http://www.tailormadehotel.com/

--Las Caņitas is one of the most exciting sections of the city for vibrant night life, mostly local. Some refer to this area as part of Palermo, others Belgrano...in any case it borders the two neighborhoods.

Miravida Soho. Darregueyra 2050, Palermo Soho

http://miravidasoho.com/#/files/imag...courtyard1.jpg
--Palermo Soho is a trendy neighborhood, very popular with young edgy people...and has been "discovered" by tourists. The Miravida has been open less than a year and has become one of the most popular hotels in an area where new boutique hotels open weekly.

Legado Mitico. Gurruchaga 1848 Palermo Soho
http://www.legadomitico.com/

Mine Hotel Gorriti 4770 Palermo Soho
http://www.minehotel.com/

Home Hotel Honduras Street Palermo Hollywood
http://www.homebuenosaires.com/home/
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 06:10 AM

I agree with dr dawggy ( sigh...again) ... Staying in Las Canitas would be fun plus close enough to Belgrano..which is also a beautiful barrio.

I dream of winning a lottery and going to live with my husband and Pup at the Hyatt ..
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 06:44 AM

palermosoholoft.com. If you pay in cash, dollars or pesos, you'll get a 10% discount. You have to ask though. I haven't stayed there yet as I have a reservation for the summer, but I just returned from Buenos Aires, in December 2008, after having stayed both in Palermo Hollywood and Recoleta, a block from the Hyatt. I walked through many streets of Palermo Soho.

Palermo is great! Lots of energy and creativeness. Tons of restaurants,cafes, and boutiques. One reason why I've picked Palermo Soho Loft to try out, on this coming trip, is that it's in Palermo Soho, there's a popular local restaurant right below it, and it's on the same block with La Viruta tango hall where one can take tango lessons and also dance at night and go to millongras. So, a few steps away. I was on the same street, in December, on my second day in Buenos Aires, but didn't know about Palermo Soho Loft then. There aren't a lot of reviews of the place, as it's a bit new, but the few I've read, minus one, the reviewers have liked it. Happy Travels!
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 06:53 AM

I think Soho might be a little too far from the area of Belgrano , where the OP need to be.
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 06:56 AM

I am having the hardest time with this no editing version of Fodors..
that was supposed to be, where the OP needs to be, right? dr dawggy?

Belgrano by the waterfront to Palermo Soho?
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. I've sent the emails and filled out the forms so just waiting to hear back on who has availability (I'll be there in less than two weeks!!). They all look like my type of place to stay - love the trendy boutique feel.
The Miravida Soho is booked. Has anyone heard of Five Cool Rooms on Honduras? They have availability and came as a recommendation from a Puertena friend of mine in the States. www.fivebuenosaires.com.
She also recommended Urbanica Suites urbanicasuites.com.ar.
Thanks everyone! I can't wait to go!
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 09:26 AM

I do not know urbanicsuites. I do know fivebuenosaires and do not consider it as good as any of the hotels in my first post.
Rooms can be very small and the quality of furnishings is not on par with many of the other boutiques in the area. It is not a dump, just not as nice as some of the other options.
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:49 AM

I stayed at the Vitrum Hotel www.vitrumhotel.com in Palermo Hollywood. It's a new boutique hotel with an artsy/luxury vibe, but the price range is average compared to other boutique hotels that I investigated in the area (I paid $180 per night). The area is nice - very close to Palermo Soho and not too far from Belgrano (I went to Belgrano by taxi and it was only a 15 minute ride).
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:25 AM

We walked by Urbanica a couple of weeks ago! I like the area.. it looked exactly the way it does in the website
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM

We loved the Legado Mitico. Beautiful lounge, patio, and very nice rooms/baths.
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 12:04 PM

Did you look into Palermo Soho Loft? It's not that far away and taxis are cheap in Buenos Aires. I taxied all over the city. Plus, that'll be Soho. Happy Travels!