Nazca lines

Old Aug 22nd, 1997, 08:29 AM
Dave Olim

Nazca lines

We are interested in seeing the Nazca lines. We will be in Lima in December. Do you take a plane from Lima to the lines, or to Nazca and then a small plane? If you know, please advise the best way, and your experience. Thanks

Old Aug 22nd, 1997, 10:14 PM
Ronald

Although I haven't made the trip myself I believe the simplest way is to drive to Nazca and there pick up a small plane which will fly you over the lines. The drive along the coast is scenic and interesting for the most part.

Old Sep 2nd, 1997, 07:42 AM
Ronald

Don't want to spook you but just the other day two small planes filled with about 6 passengers each - all Europeans I understand - collided in the air over the Nazca lines and all passengers were killed. There is an investigation on now but apparently the local airports aren't up to snuff technologically but I don't know the details. You can follow the news on El Comercio in Peru (in Spanish).

Old Sep 9th, 1997, 02:38 PM
Ronald

Just heard from a Peruvian that flights to the Nazca lines can now be obtained in Lima, Pisco or Ica (further south). This is a reaction to the recent crash I mentioned above.

Old Sep 10th, 1997, 08:42 PM
Dave

Thanks for the info. We really want to go, despite the risks, which occurs with every flight. We will probably take a plane from Lima.

Old Sep 19th, 1997, 09:20 AM
Anders

I don't think there are any flights directly to the lines from Lima. But contact Inkas World Tours they have tours going there. E-mail: [email protected]
It is a great place, I was there about a year ago.