Nayarit Coast

Jan 3rd, 2019, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Nayarit Coast

Hello!

My wife, daughter and I will be staying with friends in Sayulita for six days in March. We have four days prior to explore. Looking for some relaxation and good beaches. Would love some "authentic" Mexi culture and don't need glitzy resorts.

I would love to hear any thoughts, comments, ideas about this proposed itinerary:

March 13: Arrive in Puerto Vallarta at noon. Stay one night here
March 14: Rincon de Guaybito
March 15: Chacala
March 16: San Panco (San Francisco)

Thank you in advance!
Jan 3rd, 2019, 11:06 AM

Since you are looking for authentic culture you might want to spend your one day in Puerto Vallarta in the Centro/Old Town area? I can tell you are focusing more on the smaller towns to the north, but PV is not all "glitzy resorts" not by a long shot.
Jan 4th, 2019, 05:10 AM

Itís a no brained as far as I am concerned. There is no doubt that the village concept compared to the city concept is quite different, no matter where you go. In this case, I have been to San Pancho and Rincon and if you seek authentic Mexican culture, I believe you are doing the right thing. Most certainly, more laid back, more quiet, cheaper, less traffic and noise and the hustle and bustle of the big city.
The beaches are acceptable if you donít compare them with the Mexican Riviera side but you will enjoy them anyway as they are wayyy less crowded than the city beaches... Have fun.
Jan 13th, 2019, 07:17 PM

We spent two weeks in Chacala last February and loved it. It does get busy with tour buses on the weekends. I would avoid weekends if possible. If you go early in the day you could have the gorgeous bay all to yourselves. We highly recommend Casa Pacifica for a fantastic breakfast and stunning view. They will not dissapoint and the value is unbelievable. We recommend Las Brisas for dinner and beautiful sunset on the beach.

If you are looking for adventure in Sayulita we recommend the Rancho Mi Chaparrita zip lining. The guides and course are fantastic.
Jan 14th, 2019, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Jan 14th, 2019, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by suze View Post
Since you are looking for authentic culture you might want to spend your one day in Puerto Vallarta in the Centro/Old Town area? I can tell you are focusing more on the smaller towns to the north, but PV is not all "glitzy resorts" not by a long shot.
what do you mean by authentic culture, im curious, iave you heard the saying that you are the same man here or everywhere?
Jan 14th, 2019, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by MistyShults View Post
We spent two weeks in Chacala last February and loved it. It does get busy with tour buses on the weekends. I would avoid weekends if possible. If you go early in the day you could have the gorgeous bay all to yourselves. We highly recommend Casa Pacifica for a fantastic breakfast and stunning view. They will not dissapoint and the value is unbelievable. We recommend Las Brisas for dinner and beautiful sunset on the beach.

If you are looking for adventure in Sayulita we recommend the Rancho Mi Chaparrita zip lining. The guides and course are fantastic.
im curious what is the value you can get from a travel?
Jan 14th, 2019, 11:25 AM

mizra, You'd have to ask the OP here what they meant by "authentic" experience. I was only repeating the phrase they had used in their inquiry. suze
Jan 28th, 2019, 12:09 PM

I really like Playa Los Muertos, Punta Sayulita is amazing too, If you have time, you should also go to Isla Marietas.