Nature Reserve in X-Caret

Old Aug 26th, 1997, 04:35 PM
Bobbie

Nature Reserve in X-Caret

We are looking for info on a nature reserve in X-Caret - south of Cancun. Has anyone been there? Can you tell us about it and how far it is from Cancun? Thank you.
Bobbie

Old Aug 27th, 1997, 01:37 PM
Peter

My wife and I ventured to Xcaret last Sept. It is a spetacular place. I say that with mixed emotions; on one hand there are some wonderful exhibits, the butterfly exhibit for example. That was a neat thing to see, likewise the Jaguars. I have never seen cats so big and look so well kept, at least is the zoos I have seen. The sad part is the dolphin exhibit.( I guess sad depends on how you look at it) For a price you can swim with the dolphins in their pen. I found that to be bothersome. But overall it was a wonderful place. I would recomend that you go. The only thing I don't recommend is the underground river ride/swim, it gets to crowded. As far as the distance from Cancun, I'm not sure, I went there from Cozumel. But give yourself a full part of the day to visit it, it is large park. If you have any other questions drop me a line, I'll be happy help.

Old Aug 27th, 1997, 01:38 PM
Peter

My wife and I ventured to Xcaret last Sept. It is a spetacular place. I say that with mixed emotions; on one hand there are some wonderful exhibits, the butterfly exhibit for example. That was a neat thing to see, likewise the Jaguars. I have never seen cats so big and look so well kept, at least is the zoos I have seen. The sad part is the dolphin exhibit.( I guess sad depends on how you look at it) For a price you can swim with the dolphins in their pen. I found that to be bothersome. But overall it was a wonderful place. I would recomend that you go. The only thing I don't recommend is the underground river ride/swim, it gets to crowded. As far as the distance from Cancun, I'm not sure, I went there from Cozumel. But give yourself a full part of the day to visit it, it is large park. If you have any other questions drop me a line, I'll be happy help.

Old Aug 27th, 1997, 10:46 PM
Sandy

Xcaret is only 35 miles south of Cancun Airport, but it took over 1 hr. Lots of road work going on last March. I don't expect they will break any records finishing, but it's worth the trip. Go early, stay late. There is an excellent cultural tour and Folklorico at night.Also the Xcaret bus terminal is next to the Coral Beach Hotel in Cancun. Xcaret FAX # is (98) 83 33 24. Also try WWW.Cancun.com or WWW.Cancun-info.com.Have a great time!

Old Sep 5th, 1997, 06:04 PM
s. Jett

Xcaret is a wonderful place. I guess I differ from Peter on a couple of points. First, we really enjoyed the under ground river. It was cool after being in the hot sun a nice relief. It was most crowded at the beginning and thinned out as you went. We just took our time and enjoyed it. Now for the dolphins. I had the opportunity to swim with the dolphins at xcaret. An experience of a life time. Expensive, but worth every penny of it. I was told by the trainers that the dolphins were let out to sea perodically and they always come back because they are feed well and enjoy the interaction with people. Have a good time. Any questions drop a line.