Search

My Proposed Itineary-Need Comments

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Proposed Itineary-Need Comments

Day One - Arrive LIMA, spend one night.
Day Two - Flight to PEM, four nights at Reserva Amazonia.
Day Seven - Arrive Cuzco, one night - any advise on hotel (nice enough $75.00 or less, to acclimize and relax in room).
Day Eight - Train to Agua Calientes, check into MP Pueblo Hotel and go to ruins. Overnight.
Day Nine - Overnight (another ruins visit)
Day Ten - Train back to Cuzco - to stay for three more nights.
Day 13 - Plane to Lima, day room until early AM flight.

I welcome any tips/advice on my upcoming trip. I will be staying at a budget (under $70 hotel in Lima) and a nice place in MP, and a budget (again under $70 in Cuzco.
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Jed

The Pueblo Hotel is very nice. However, some rooms are in 2 floor cottages, with the first floor being subject to the noises above. Try to get room #1.

If you can, post a report when you return.
Old Oct 6th, 2004, 06:18 PM

Hi again. I think your itinerary looks fine.

Not sure if you have your day room for the trip back. Ray and I are planning to stay at the Hotel Manhattan near the Lima airport at the end of our Feb 2005 trip. One thing to keep in mind is that the area around the Lima airport is not particularly safe. This hotel came hightly recommended to us; but we will not walk in the neighborhood.

We'll be staying at the Picoaga in Cusco and stayed there in 1999 as well. http://www.picoagahotel.com/indice2.HTM(now this place really is a bit old ladyish... and, here I am in my 40's!) And, it comes in over your price range. Their location is very good, the staff is excellent and our stay in 1999 was very comfortable. I'd suggest you try for something near the Plaza de Armas so you can have short distances to walk to all the major sites. One thing to be aware of is that some of Cusco is on a very steep hill, and, at 11,500 feet you will certainly fee the altitude! In particular, I am thinking of the road from the Plaza up to the San Blas area. The ultra expensive Monasterio hotel is situated on this hill. But, wow-eee what a place! (Again, not in your price range. Looking is free... and you might want to have a splurge meal here. http://www.monasterio.orient-express.com/) I'm no help with a specific hotel recommendation.

Pizza at CHEZMAGGY Procuradores 365 -Plateros 348 Great pizza and Andean bands pop in and out.

In Cusco you can buy a tourist ticket which will get you into many of the sites.

The Cross Keys Pub in Cusco is a great place to mingle with other travelers.

http://www.peru.org.pe/e_ftodatosutileseng.asp lists a whole bunch of tips.

You have chosen a great place to spend some time! What time of year are you going?

- Sharon
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Original Poster

Hi Again and thanks for the tips. I am departing late-November - very soon!!!
I saw the Country Club hotel in Lima for $99.00 on Expedia (which is a true value). I am still thinking about it but Antigua Miraflores offered us a great rate too. Actually the first night in Cuzco we were thinking of the Picoaga (we negotiated a reasonable rate with them via email) for the first night and the final three nights at the Sonesta. The Sonesta rooms look drabby but the price is right. The Monestario looks fabulous and we will obviously have cocktails there. I did negotiate a good room rate with them though and my travel partner is thinking about it.
We are planning on a day room on our final day at the Marriott Lima to spend our extra soles!!
Old Oct 7th, 2004, 07:34 PM

One more tip...

There is a wonderful market in Lima where you can spend extra soles. You will be able to find crafts and textiles from all over Peru at this market.

-Sharon