Mexico city with a Toddler~Help

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 05:19 AM
lisa

Mexico city with a Toddler~Help

hi again~<BR>thanks for the good advise so far. now i am having trouble working out the logistics of traveling around mexico city with a 21 month old. do i drag my carseat in and out of every taxi? has anyone every hired a driver?(then i could leave the carseat in one car) is the metro my only option? of course we have tons of things to see in just 2-3 days, so i would like to plan the most efficient/safe way to get around. Has anyone ever dealt with this? please advise. thanks so much!!!!

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 01:24 PM
marilyn

I'll just address the hiring a driver question. Yes, this is very easy to do--the last time I was in Mexico Cit this was easy to arrange through the hotel. I think the cost was 70-90 pesos an hour.<BR><BR>I'm sure there will be plenty of people to tell you that sightseing with a 21-month-old is NOT conducive to seeing tons of things. But the great thing about Mexico is how friendly everyone is to children, and those with them, so good luck.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 01:59 PM
D

Have your hotel get a Sitio taxi for you. It would work just fine.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 07:46 PM
lisa

wow!<BR>thanks so much!<BR>lisa

Old Nov 15th, 2002, 10:26 AM
lcuy

Lisa- drivers were runnning more like 100 pesos ($10+/-)per hour when we were there in June, or you can negotiate a daily rate. Drivers who holds guide badges will charge even more.<BR>After paying a fortune for drivers and taxis (and the worry every time we got into a new taxi) we took the subway to xochimilco on our last day and were really surprised how nice it was...We felt very safe, it was relatively clean, as fast as driving, and so cheap! In addition, it was pretty easy to navigate. If you do hire a driver, don't commit to more than one day before you see his driving and communication skills. If you hit it off with one, usually he'll be happy to come back again.