Mexico (City +) one week

Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 10:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexico (City +) one week

Hi
We have about one week at XMAS time to visit and I'd like to see Mexico City and maybe Oaxaca, Pueblo, or???

We've been to Baja and a little of the Yucatan, and aboard cruise ships from L.A.... but never Mexico City, where I'd like to see the Pyramid, etc.

Any suggestions? Can we do this on our own (We're well traveled 61 year olds, and my husband speaks Spanish )

Thanks!
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 12:02 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, you can visit Teotihuacan on your own. Here's a good guide (with pictures): https://sightdoing.net/how-to-visit-...ithout-a-tour/
And as much as I love Oaxaca, I don't think you can do justice to both CDMX and Oaxaca with just a week or so. You'd really need 2. With the relatively short time you have, I'd suggest, as you mentioned, Puebla or Taxco. Both can conceivably be visited as day trips from CDMX, but it'd make for a really, really long day. Figure on spending at least a night.
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 03:02 PM
Original Poster

There are tours through TourRadar that start in Mexico City and end in Cancun and take you to Oaxaxa, but there are 2 days of 8-10 hour drives, so not sure it's worth it.
but to travel so far and only see MC and maybe Pueblo or Taxco also seems a bit short...? Is there any other way?
Old Sep 23rd, 2018, 05:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
So you've decided on the Yucatan? Then minutes later you're asking about San Miguel & Chapala?
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I've realized one week is not nearly enough... so I'm putting it off till another year and take 2 weeks, to hopefully do MC, maybe San Miguel and then fly over to the Yucatan area and home....

Thanks All... you've given me plenty of food for thought, and I've learned a lot more about Mexico.... there's a lot to see and do...
Old Sep 24th, 2018, 01:05 PM

I see you have decided not to go to Mexico City per your other thread. Since you are traveling over the Christmas holidays I would get busy super quick to get reservations at any of the popular beach resort destinations.