meals while staying at the FAGCB????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sorry to be posting so many questions!!! But i am running out of time.

We have tentative reservations at the Fiesta Americana grand Coral Bay. The price is steep for over the holidays and I am disappointed that not even breakfast is included. What does one do there for meals? I inquired about breakfast and there is a buffet for $25 per person. That seems awfully high for breakfast. We would love to stay at this hotel as it gets great reviews on this site, but we might have to switch to Le meridien which for a comparable rate at least has breakfast included. I am also searching for possibly an AI that would be comparable.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 07:36 AM

Well it would certainly chase me away. If they are hitting you 25 US for breakfast imagine what other high costs you will have. In the land of 50 peso or under full breakfasts I would go elsewhere.
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 09:34 AM

One walks out of the hotel and goes to one of the 25 restaurants within three blocks of the hotel. It's not an isolated area and even after the Hurricanes, there are plenty of restaurants and other places outside of the hotel.
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM

If you do eat this breakfast buffet, it will definitely hold you over for lunch, that's the way I always look at it...usually the big hotel brkfst buffets are huge, more a brunch than a simple brkfast.

This time of year in Mexico is super expensive everywhere, we wanted to go too, but gave up due to high prices...

I think the LeMeridien is just as nice as the FACGB (the beach area is even prettier IMHO, but surf is rougher.)
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 06:50 AM

I haved stayed there and loved it. We only ate the buffet once the reason it is so high is that they serve champagne at breakfast I really don't need to drink that early also way too much food. You can order from the menu a la carte. It's about half the price of the buffet to do it that way. The hotel is great the location is great. Pricey yes but it was really worth it. All the restaurants in the hotel were wonderful. Like someone posted there are so many places close by you can eat anything anywhere. Good Luck
Old Sep 7th, 2006, 07:21 PM

Do you mean Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach? If so, it is a beautiful hotel. I liken it to the Venitian in Las Vegas. Like MikeT says above, just go outside, walk across the street and eat at a dozen places. Assuming things have been put back after the hurricane, they have a fabulous pool and beach.