Search

Marriott Rio

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 06:08 AM
Mary

Marriott Rio

We have reservations at the Marriott on Copacabana beach. Would like to know your comments please regarding locaton, rooms and any other info.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Evelyn

Hello...<BR>The Mariott hotel on Copacabana in Rio de Janeiro you can read something about at following page:<BR><BR>http://www.marriotthotels.com/dpp/PropertyPage.asp?MarshaCode=RIOMC<BR><BR>I am a german, frequently Brazil-traveller and have been there 14 times, besides Rio is my favouite city!<BR>So, as I know Rio very well I could give you more informations about security, best beaches, restaurants, public-transportation, "must sees", etc. if you are interested in??<BR>Just write to my E Mail: [email protected]<BR><BR>Besides of that I have a very good friend in Rio(he speaks english well) who could guide you to some points normal tourists can't go easily...such as a researchal of samba-school, some far beaches, etc...if you would be interested in it of course...!<BR><BR>Hope to hear from you...!<BR>Greetings<BR>Evelyn<BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 01:10 PM
rhoda

I will be staying at the Mariott as well and cannot find a lot of information about the hotel as it is relatively new. I am looking forward to responses.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Erin

Hi Mary and Rhoda,<BR>Look for a posting titled "Just Returned from Brazil, Argentina and Chile". It's a trip report from David who stayed at the Rio Marriott in December. I brought it to the top of this list. Good Luck

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Don

Mary, I am in Rio right now, the Marriott is a brand new hotel in a good location right on the beach. It has a little pool on the roof and a great lobby, its all very nice.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 01:43 PM
ralph

mary,marriott across the street from beach.it is not maui but a new hotel right in the middle of the action.we just got back,do the normal tourist things and enjoy