Reload this Page >

Snorkeling in Puerto Vallarta?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Brad

Are there any beaches that are good for snorkeling -- without going on a boat tour? Also, anyone know of good boat snorkeling trips? Thanks for the help.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Jinny

I don't know of any beach areas. Many boat trips offer snorkelling but there's not much to see. I still go for the boat trip each year just for the fun and to meet people, but I don't bother to snorkel anymore.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Tanya

I agree w/Jinny. My husband and I went last November and rented a private charter boat just the 2 of us. We went to the same places the big boats did, but called our own shots of when to leave. There was nothing to see and we were extremely disappointed. Especially after snorkeling in October in Haunama Bay in Oahu.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 03:19 PM
loangalsal

Puerto Vallarta is a wonderful vacation destination (my FAVORITE!) but not a good place to snorkel.

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 10:20 PM
Mike

Brad<BR> I am going to PV with family for first time this summer. My under- standing is that the best spot for snorkeling is Maroetas Islands, but via boat through tour. I plan to try it. Must remember that PV is not Carribean. We had great snorkeling in St Thomas last summer.<BR> Mike<BR><BR>

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 11:12 PM
pvdeb

Brad,<BR>Mike is correct...the Marietas Islands are the best place to snorkel, with the clearest water in the area. There are several boat tours that go out there. I went on a sailing schooner called the Isis and we only had about 15 people on it plus 4 crew. Continental breakfast, snack and lunch was included and it left from the Marina Terminal. It was a great boat trip in itself, the crew was great and the snorkelling the best I've found in the PV area. I've also snorkelled at Los Arcos which is nice if the water's not too rough, and Las Caletas, which is a wonderful place, but didn't have good snorkelling when I was there.