Maroma Resort seeking information

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted another question, but failed to get a response, so I'll try it again. We've been to a couple other resorts in same area, but this will be our first time to Maroma. I have been reading about Maroma for a long time and know it is especially known for its beach...supposedly one of the best in Mexico. Does the resort have a remote feeling; or hotels on each side? Actually, I'd love to hear your comments. I've read tripadvisor, but have not been able to find anything about the new Sain Nah Suites. Please share your Maroma experience.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 08:19 PM

Post your question at locogringo.com (more specific to Riviera Maya)
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, but I still can't seem to get too much information. Oh, well, from what i have read it is suppose to be fantastic. Just always love hearing first hand experiences.
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 01:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you looked for reviews on Trip Advosor?
Try this link:
http://cancun-hotels.tripadvisor.com...Peninsula.html
Old Mar 15th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. Yes, I did read it and it definitely helped me make out final decision although, no one seems to address my original question about the new Sian Nah Suites which we have booked with the Suite Dreams promotion.
Old Mar 16th, 2007, 11:46 AM

Please post a trip report on your return. We are also thinking of staying there.
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I certainly will.
Old Mar 22nd, 2007, 05:59 AM

My Husband and I stayed at Maroma about three years ago and loved it. It is the most expensive Hotel we have ever stayed at. We had a small but very nice garden view room with a liitle balcony overlooking a lovely small pool. Everything was immaculate, and the landscaping was lovely. The beach is GORGEOUS. There is one fairly large hotel on one side of Maroma. It is set back and Maroma's beach is roped off to ensure privacy. There was NOTHING in the other direction. There are some air beds on the beach which were fun and comforatable. People get up early and put towels on them to reserve them. They have a spa treatment which recreates a Mayan practice where you go underground into a "hole" which is heated like a sauna. It is totally dark and fruit is passed around to eat and rub on your skin. Once we got over feeling silly we enjoyed it. Not for the claustrophobic, but if you can kind of let go of yourself it's worth it. Breakfasts were wonderful. We ate dinner there once and were slightly disappointed in the food and the service. We rented a car so were able to go into Playa del Carmen for other dinners. Have a great time!
Old May 17th, 2007, 06:34 AM

They are simply AMAZING! My husband and I have been around the globe, and we return each year. We stayed in the new suites, and they will blow your mind. They are right on the beach. You have multiple decks and your private plunge pool. You also have your own exercise room, and a rooftop/open air/ deck with massage beds. It is extremely clean and beautiful. It is our personal paradise. You will NOT be disappointed.
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Shari....we leave in 8 days!!!! If I understand correctly there are only 4 suites; 2 on ground level and 2 on 2nd level. Do you have a preference especially if seeking privacy? I can hardly wait!!
Old May 20th, 2007, 09:47 AM

You are so lucky to be going in a few days! I will be back in September. I prefer the suites on level two because you have privacy on your decks. The ground floors are right on the beach, so you will have people walking by you.
Old May 20th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Shari for getting back with me about the room location. I will call tomorrow to confirm an upper level room. (I think I requested it when I made reservations) I am so ready to BE THERE!!!! We must chat when I get home. Oh, also, is it the typical casual dress at night? Do men need slacks?
Old May 21st, 2007, 11:34 AM

Let me check with my husband. I honestly do not remember a dress code. If you were dining at El Sol, you might want to have slacks, but I am positive there isn't a jacket requirment.
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:09 PM

Yes, you need resort casual at dinner. Slacks are fine.
Old May 21st, 2007, 03:09 PM
Original Poster

Thank you again Shari. So glad about the jacket....trying to pack as light as possible. Not that husband minds "dressing up" it's just too uncomfortable and hot! We only get 4 nights there, so I doubt we will venture off-property. Did you have any spa treatments? In-room? Dinner on beach? Anything special I need to know about? I'm ready to go NOW!
I'm curious...do you travel the Caribbean also? Other resorts in Mexico? Sounds like we like the same places.
Old May 30th, 2007, 03:32 AM

The spa is fantastic. I have had many treatments there. We had a massage on our roof top deck. I think you should go for that! We also had dinner on the beach. It was lovely, but very windy, so wear a hat or pull your hair back.

Yes, we have been to many places in the Caribbean but Maroma is our favorite. We just returned from Eden Rock in St. Barths. We have also been to Amanyara in Turks, Sandy Lane in Barbados, Pink Sands in Bahamas and Elbow Beach in Bermuda. The only other place in Mexico was Las Vantanas in Cabo.
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Just back from Maroma...you're right!!! It was absolutely wonderful. (except for the frequent rains and strong wind) LOVED the Sain Nah suite. The spa was so nice, although the only treatment we had were massages on the top deck of our room which was totally cool. I could not believe the friendliness of the staff; always greeting us by name and how they truly cared if we were happy and having a good time. We thought the food was particularly good too. We are definitely missing the delicious guacamole, chips, and ceviche! One of the nicest touches were the 1000's of candles placed along the walkways in the evening and then returning to our candlelit, rose petal design on the most-comfortable-bed ever! We are still debating if next time we'll opt for the ground floor room. (We were in #62, top floor, second building from lobby) Our thinking is while on beach, wouldn't it be nice to be able to just run up to plunge pool for a quick cooling off. But, then again, we certainly appreciated the privacy on the 2nd floor....oh, what's a girl to do?? Ha! Actually, how could either choice be wrong? Have you stayed on both floors? I do know we would request same building again though that housed rooms 59-62. The one bedroom suites i.e. #40 just a couple buildings away look as if they might be a good choice also. What time of the yr were you there? The winds were particularly strong when we were there...just wondering what is best time for calmer waters??? In fact the weather was a little sketchy our whole trip, but fortunately were able to get about 1.5 days of perfect sunshine. (we were only there 4 days) The rain caused us to be delayed arriving and departing....bummer!! Oh well, we definitely came home rested!!
Old Jun 1st, 2007, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Shari, Forgot to ask in last post: Do you prefer Parrot Cay or Amanyara? What room did you have at PC? I couldn't believe the PC beach villas were actually $$$higher than Amanyara. We loved the beautiful beach access from the PC villas. We were there when they only had 4 villas. Sandy Lane is a place we would love to try one day, but travel time is longer for us. Did you love it? Also, I've been looking at Pink Sands over the yrs. What did you think of it? Seems a little too rustic??? Am I wrong?

If you could sum it up in a couple words/sentences, what makes Maroma your favorite?

I've said this before, but if one could take their favorite parts from each destination and put it all together, wouldn't you have the perfect resort!!!!
Old Jun 10th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Shari???
Old Jun 11th, 2007, 08:15 AM

Hi Katie!

I am glad you enjoyed Maroma despite the wind. We always go around Memorial Day and Labor Day, and have never had bad weather. I am sure the next time you go, it will be wonderful!

I never stayed at Parrot Cay. We only stayed at Amanyara and loved it. The rooms are amazing, and the beach really cannot be beat. It is at the end of the island, so you have to enjoy being isolated. I like that in a vacation, so it fit our bill.

Sandy Lane is a fantastic resort. We loved it as well. It has more of a formal feel to it. The rooms are marble, and have plasma TV screens. The beach is really pretty because trees line it, so it is natural and peaceful. Having said that, there seemed to be more jet skis and party cruises going by than in other places we have been. The food at the Sandy Lane is fantastic as well.

I am not sure what you mean about rustic at Pink Sands. The beach is beautiful--PINK SAND! And the rooms were really nice. I do think they could update the rooms a bit, but it is by no means dirty or rustic. They pamper you well, and the food and wine is delicious! They also let you drive around the island on a little golf cart, so you can head into town for other options.

Maroma is the best in my mind. I love Maroma because it combines the best of beach quality, epicurean delights, lodging and ambiance with unmatched warmth and hospitality and the Mexican love of life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -