Notices

Machu Picchu by helicopter?

Old May 23rd, 2002, 09:48 AM
Tim

Machu Picchu by helicopter?

We are hoping to be in Lima for two days and would like to know if there are companies that offer a trip by helicopter from Lima to Machu Picchu. Thanks for your help!

Old May 23rd, 2002, 11:41 AM
chris

Hi You can fly with LanPeru, or Taca to Cuzco from Lima, and then take an Helicopter Cuzco to Machu Pichu for about $150.00 each way, take Lima - Cuzco flight as early as possible
you need a week to be in Cuzco & Machu Pichu, Pisac, Chincheros etc etc...
From Pto Vallarta, Mex.

Old May 28th, 2002, 04:46 PM
kim

We were in MP three weeks ago and tried to ride the helicopter back to Cuzco and they said they stoped flying back in November. It might have been because of the slow season. I just do not know. We used a great travel agency down there called Coltur. They might be able to help you out.
Have fun.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Will

Try Helicuzco. They depart from Cusco at 8:15 to Machu Picchu and returns at 3:15. Phone number is 084-23-4181. Round trip airfare is $170.00 per person.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 06:38 PM
jackie kostas

[email protected] is a company where you can rent a celular, if you bring your own cel.phone you will pay per minute $2 or $3.00 TELEFONICA offers you $0.38 per minute, Ingrid Sommerfeld will give you good deals, phone number: 011 5112 751892, you can't have a trip without a celular phone!!!! remember: [email protected] THANK YOU!!!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 01:30 PM
x

Just thought I would post an update. I returned from Cuzco last week and while I was there I was told the helicopter no longer runs from Cuzco to Macchu Picchu. The desk was closed at the airport which seemed to confirm this.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 03:29 AM
john

the helicopted only flies in July/August, peak tourist time for northern hempisphere travellers. Its future is in jeopardy as many people dislike its convenience and feel that at the very least you should take the train if you can't be bothered to walk to Machu Picchu. It does offer a fantastic view of Machu Pichhu that you don't get by walking though.