Search

MA and Arenal hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2004, 08:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MA and Arenal hotels?

What have you heard of the Costa Verde Hotel in Manuel Antonio, or the Montana de Fuego Hotel in Arenal?

Any other hotel recs for these areas? Thanks!
Old Feb 21st, 2004, 09:38 PM
Original Poster

After looking around online and on these boards, Arenal Paraiso also looks very nice and economical. Is the location good? How would it compare to Montana de Fuego?
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:36 AM

Dear Soniela,
I haven't stayed in Montana de Fuego, but ate in their restaurant, if I remember correctly I thought it was way too expensive. I have stayed in Arenal Paraiso and would very much recommend it. It probably has the best views of the volcano, and everyone seems to like it very much.
Feel free to write me directly with any more questions.
Pura Vida,
Neta Talmor
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:28 AM
TVL

Soniela,
We used this board extensively when trying to plan our trip! We visited MA and Arenal in Feb. 2004 and stayed at the Villas Nicolas (MA) and the Tabacon in Arenal. I have posted my trip reports Costa Rica #1 (MA) and Costa Rica #2 (Arenal). I included tips for travel that I was not aware of before I visited Costa Rica. Just go to search forum and type in Costa Rica (it was a while ago I posted the reports). Our friends stayed at the Costa Verde Hotel in Manuel Antonio and they gave it a nondescript review. I think for location I would have to say that in the modest price range Villas Nicolas has the best location for us (it is right next door to the Hotel Si Como No). They are located within Karolas, Barba Roja, and Cafe Milagro restaurants. Also they are within walking distance to La Mariposa with the Best Sunsets. When we go back we will try and stay at La Mariposa. They seemed really nice! In Arenal, we decided to stay at the Tabacon because of location and $. We knew we wanted to visit the hot springs & with two people with an awesome breakfast & unlimited access to the springs it seemed more economical. Plus it is beautiful! The people we met enjoyed the Montana de Fuego Hotel but they seemed to only be staying one or two evenings in Arenal. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them. Have a wonderful time!
Old Feb 22nd, 2004, 05:46 AM
TVL

Soniela,
FYI- My trip report is based upon booking everything ourselves. We decided to do everything online or by email for cost reasons & for flexibility. We had no problems when we there and we always had a number to call. Have a great time!