Search

Loved Puerto Vallarta

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:07 PM
Donna

Loved Puerto Vallarta

Thank you to all the people who gave me travel tips and suggestions for our trip. I would like to return the favor by recommending Puerto Vallarta to anyone considering a Mexican vacation. This is a charming city with the most gracious residents of any location we have visited. I can wholeheartedly recommend the tour company VallartaAdventures to all; the night time excursion to Las Caletas was completely enchanting and a first class value at any price. Our family rented a sail boat and crew from this outfit and spent a terrific day in the Bay,sailing and snorkeling the beautiful coastline. We have used Trilogy in Maui for similiar trips and I can say that VallartaAdventures could teach them a few things about customer service,equipment, and variety. I should mention that the restaurants and dining completely exceeded our expectations for cuisine, decor, and cleanliness. <BR> We will return to PV as soon as we can.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Geri

Donna,<BR>I share your appreciation of PV and second your rave reviews of the VallartaAdventures experiences. We also loved the Caletas trip, and their Sierra Madre expedition is wonderful, too. Can't wait 'til we return in December!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:29 AM
LordBalfor

I add my vote for those things as well. Puerto Vallarta is terrific.<BR><BR>Ken

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:09 AM
LordBalfor

I add my vote for those things as well. Puerto Vallarta is terrific.<BR><BR>Ken

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 01:09 PM
PV

Donna~ Thanks for the wonderful trip report! I'm a big fan of Puerto Vallarta (14 trips to date!) but haven't ever done any of the official tours. So it's great to have such a positive recommendation about VallartaAdventures. Glad you enjoyed the people, the food, the atmosphere. I LOVE that town.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 12:11 AM
Jim

Thanks to all the contributors. How expensive were the tours with Vallarta adventures, that is the Las Caletas and the Sierra Madre tours? Should we use public transport or hire a car when we are in PV for one week?

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 05:48 AM
PV

Their website www.vallarta-adventures.com lists all their rates. You can save 10% by booking online ahead of time.<BR><BR>Do not rent a car if you're going to be staying in the PV area. Buses and taxis are plentiful and cheap and part of the PV experience. Traffic can be very hectic, parking scarce and many unmarked one-way streets and intersections with no traffic control device.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 09:10 AM
transportation

For Jim, another vote for no car within PV. Unless a group of people want to go fairly far out of town (i.e., north to Sayulita or San Blas south to Barre de Navidad) and even then... I'd probably stick with the bus. As the poster above mentioned, driving in Puerto Vallarta is a bit free-style & wild!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 03:56 PM
PV

topping for Paulette & her spring break dilemma...