Looking for a "smallish" resort for the late fall

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2023, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've lived in the Southwestern US for much of my life but somehow never managed to visit Mexico. We are hoping to change that this coming fall. We are looking for ideas for a beach vacation that would also allow us to explore history/surrounding national parks and/or towns. We would prefer something on the quieter side, in the four to five star category. Something near an airport with direct flights from Philly/Newark/NYC would be excellent. Thanks
Old May 4th, 2023, 05:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you want an all inclusive resort? Adults only?? Budget would be helpful.
Old May 4th, 2023, 05:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lauramsgarden
I've lived in the Southwestern US for much of my life but somehow never managed to visit Mexico. We are hoping to change that this coming fall. We are looking for ideas for a beach vacation that would also allow us to explore history/surrounding national parks and/or towns. We would prefer something on the quieter side, in the four to five star category. Something near an airport with direct flights from Philly/Newark/NYC would be excellent. Thanks
If you are considering Puerto Vallarta, I would recommend that you research these two properties:

Garza Blanca:

https://puertovallarta.garzablancare..._o_pst=n_o_pst

We've stayed there a couple of times and loved it. We did not opt for the all-inclusive option but had breakfast included in our rate.

Villa Premiere:

https://www.premiereonline.com.mx/

We have not stayed there but Iresearched it previously and we did a walk through of the property on a previous visit to PV. I liked it a lot. It's an adults-only boutique hotel that is walking distance to the Malecon.

Last edited by tom42; May 4th, 2023 at 05:42 AM.
Old May 4th, 2023, 04:20 PM
Original Poster

Hi Schmerl, it doesn't need to be all inclusive or adults only. We could go to $600/night if it felt like the right place. thanks
Old May 4th, 2023, 04:20 PM
Original Poster

This is great, thanks Tom
Old May 5th, 2023, 04:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Mexican Riviera area would give you access to ruins, cenotes, zip lining, etc. You would fly into Cancun. Look into Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Akumal, Puerto Morales. Plenty of direct flights to Cancun from Phila. or NY.
Old May 5th, 2023, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

will do, thank you!
Old May 8th, 2023, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by schmerl
The Mexican Riviera area would give you access to ruins, cenotes, zip lining, etc. You would fly into Cancun. Look into Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Akumal, Puerto Morales. Plenty of direct flights to Cancun from Phila. or NY.
The Pacific Coast (PV, Mazatlán etc.) is generally referred to as the "Mexican Riviera". While Cancun, Tulum etc. is considered the "Riviera Maya".