Leave for Peru & Ecuador in 5 weeks!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to post we leave for our Peru and Ecuador trip in 5 weeks from today and I can't wait. It will be our first trip. We'll do all the usual - Machu Piccu, Lima, Quito, Galapagos cruise...we are really looking forward to going, as it has been on our short list for years. Woo hoo!
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 02:33 PM
P_M

Good for you. I visited Peru this year and I loved it. I would like to see the Galapagos in the years to come, I hope you plan to post a report when you return.
Old Oct 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM
emd

wanderlust, have you posted your itinerary here?

I'd love to see your Peru portion, and I am sure others would love to see your Ecuador portion.

I can feel your excitement- can I access your itinerary in another post, or can you share it here?

I am taking my son (senior in high school) to Peru for 12 days in April 2009. Looking forward to this in a big way- last trip with him alone while he is living w/us. Maybe our last trip alone together forever, who knows! And he is my best travel buddy, we've been all over the USA and some places in Asia and Mexico together in the last 5 yrs. We have the same travel style and love the same types of things. (Sign, I miss him already and he isn't even gone yet!)

Old Oct 12th, 2008, 05:00 PM

wanderlust, i am excited for you! those are 2 of my very favorite places! we were in the galapagos in february. just an amazing place. and i just loved peru & MP, which we traveled to in april 06. bring lots of film/memory cards!
Old Oct 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM

Hey Wanderlust, I wonder if we will see you in Ecuador? We are leaving Nov. 14, we will be in Quito/Cuenca/Guayaquil for a week and then in the Galapagos (cruise, then staying on Isabela) starting on Nov. 21. Then back to Quito and Mido and back home December 6. Will we overlap with you anywhere? And which boat will you be on in the Galapagos? We are on the Integrity.
Have a great time!

Chris
Old Oct 16th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you who replied! I am so excited to finally be making this trip, as is my DH. Thanks so much everyone - you have fueled my excitement!

Here is my itinerary for those of you asked:
Nov 15: Fly from U.S.to Lima/Late night arrival : San Augustin Exclusive Hotel or similar
Nov 16: At leisure in Lima : San Augustin Exclusive Hotel
Nov 17 Lima
Nov 18 Fly to Cuzco
El Dorado Hotel
Nov 19 Cuzco
Nov 20 Dawn train to Machu Piccu
Hotel El Santuario
Nov 21 Machu Piccu Picchu
Afternoon train ride to Cuzco : El Dorado Hotel
Nov 22 Cuzco - Exploring Pisac today
El Dorado Hotel
Nov 23 9 Fly to Quito/Explore Quito
Grand Hotel Mercure
Nov 24 Explore Quito : Grand Hotel Mercure
Nov 25 Fly to Galapagos, board small ship
25-Dec 1 Exploring the islands
Dec 1 Fly Galapagos to Quito
Dec 2 Quito back to Atlanta!

Chris - we are on a small charter boat (This trip is through OAT). I have emailed them to ask the name of the ship. We will definitely be there at the same time. I think we will spend the last two nights on Isabella as well. We'll have to meet. This would be such fun!

my personal email is amorebello at bellsouth dot net if you want to email me off line...