Search

Latin America 1 month plan

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Latin America 1 month plan

Hello,

i am planning to make a trip to Latin America (my first time) and i have one month to spend there. The trip will start from Mexico, so please advise on the rest of the must sees. Just keep in mind that i plan to travel by plane if necessary and i don't want to spend more than 2 nights in each place.

Thanks
Old Jul 6th, 2008, 10:15 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
For that type of trip I would buy myself the latest Lonely Planet or Rough Guide for Latin America and follow their suggestions.

Your post really doesn't give us much to go on, other than that fact that you want to move real fast.

Are there any countries you are particularly interested in seeing? Do you want to spend time in large cities, villages, countryside, mountains, ocean? What is making you want to spend a month in Latin America in the first place?

kindly, suze

Old Jul 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Another excellent free resource is the Lonely Planet forum called The Thorn Tree at www.lonelyplanet.com
Old Jul 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM

w nights = only 1 day to explore. Why do you want to only have 1 day in every place and stick yourself with transition days every other day? No offense, but that sounds like the opposite of a vacation to me.

Even moving fast, a loop that includes bits of Mexico, Guatemala, and maybe Belize would be plenty. My photos and travelogues are linked below if you're interested. Happy trails!

http://flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 07:12 AM

Just realized I hit the "w" instead of the "2" in my previous post - how clever of me. Should read 2 nights = only 1 day to explore. Sorry!