Search

jungle lodge in CR?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jungle lodge in CR?

Hi,
I'm heading to CR in June/July and my husband wants to stay somewhere where we can just walk out into the rainforest from our room. He's imagining there is some sort of rainforest lodge. Do you know of anything like that? We're not really into zip lines/whitewater rafting/touristy stuff. Thanks alot for your help!
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 01:53 PM

Lapas Rios maybe , I actually think there are a few , I cant name them off hand ...
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 03:08 PM

Corocovado Lodge Tent Camp is another ... Highly rated .
Old Feb 15th, 2005, 04:23 PM

Here's a wild and fun idea: http://www.rafikisafari.com/
Situated in the primary rainforest ... you won't be "walking out into it"...you'll be sleeping in it! Great accommodations (albeit tents but very luxurious, fab private bath, comfy beds (no cots), fluffy pillows and blankets. Great owners, all meals and activities on site.

Lisa in Manuel Antonio
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 11:09 AM

You didn't mention if you wanted to stay in one place or move around or how long you are staying. We are going in July and staying at Bosque del Cabo. www.bosquedelcabo.com If you search this site you will hear lots of good things about them. Both Bosque and Lapas Rios are in the same area on the OSA pennisula and surrounded by their own private rain forest reserves of over 100 Acres and apparantly have the same animals, etc. as Corcovoda Park. Lots of activities available from hikes to kyaking, fishing, even a smaller canopy. This is a fairly remote area - you will have to fly in from San Jose.

Even relatively close to San Jose are lots of places with smaller private reserves of their own - either rain forests or cloud forests. You can take various tours from these places to the volcano or other sites as well as enjoying the grounds. eg. www.xandari.com, www.waterfallgardens.com, www.villablanca-costarica.com, www.costaricafinca.com, www.finca-rblanca.co.cr