Search

Ixtapa in Aug. HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ixtapa in Aug. HELP PLEASE

We are vacationing in Ixtapa in mid August. We are traveling with our two small children, ages 6 and 3. We are staying at the Club Med Ixtapa. We have never stayed at a Club Med. While I have heard it has a great kids program, we do not know what to expect for adults. Any insight would be great.

In addition, we were wondering:

1. What will the weather likely be like. I know it will be hot but I am wondering if it will be unbearably hot and/or humid.
2. Are there many activities in and around Ixtapa. I like to hike, sight see, engage in water sports and be submerged in local culture.
3. Any good Mexican eateries.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 05:23 PM

Pretty darn hot. Not saying not to go then, we went last August, and it was very hot, hotter than even the Riviera Maya in August. Not a lot of culture to be found right in the area, but there are water sports and boating.
Make sure to go to Zihua and eat downtown. The thing that most impressed me about this area was the food, never had a bad meal here, and never got any stomach problems.
Make sure to visit LaRopa Beach in Zihua, and eat at Paty's. Great beach and great cafe.
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 06:18 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes it will be hot and humid, possibily some rain or storms because summer is the rainy season all along the Pacific coast of Mexico.

But at a beach vacation I don't find that to be a problem (just got back from Puerto Vallarta early June).

For things to do there is shopping etc. in Ixtapa, but also the sister town of Zijuatenejo that you could visit. There's a bus between the two. Ixtapa is the new resort section and Zijat an older fishing village.
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the insight.
Old Jul 24th, 2008, 04:31 AM

Just came back and it was HOT. But we stayed cool by frequent dips in the ocean and lots of cool water to drink. It didn't cool down at all at night.

The weather was great, only rained a couple of times and that was around 6PM. One of the times we were so hot we just lay there on our beach chairs and enjoyed the cool rain.

There is a little crocodile and iguana preserve at teh edge of town, near the ferrys to Ixtapa Island.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 10:08 AM

We just returned from our 2nd trip to that Club Med this year.

Whether was low 90's. Could be humid but no worse than Florida. They have umbrella's throughout the resort for the occassional shower.

Last time we went, April, we went around the area. This time, I never left the resort. I was content to use the activities at Club Med and my kids lowed the kids club.

The Mexican food was as good as any spot I went to in April. Every meal has some Mexican specialties.

BTW, make sure you bring mosquito spray. They do spray but there can be some days where there are bugs. Bring wipes or spray for those days.

Also, their laundry service is pretty good. We had about 5 days worth of clothing washed and folded for about $40. Well worth it, especially if you want to travel lighter.

Jean-Marc runs the place and he is a really good guy. Jeff who runs the kids programs is awesome with the kids and really takes care of them.