Itinerary Suggestions

Jan 7th, 2007, 05:41 AM
RAL
Original Poster

Itinerary Suggestions

Our itnerary for our third trip is now complete. We now need some suggestions for activities in PV as well as any must sees along the drive to Puerto Viejo.

Day 1- Arrive at SJO at around 9:30 AM and drive to Puerto Viejo. Staying at Azania Bungalows

Days-2-3 Puerto Viejo

Day 4 Pick up in PV at 06:00 for Pacuare white water rafting trip with drop off in SJO. (Hotel Gran de Oro)

Day 5-7 Fly to Puerto Jimenez (08:30) and off to Bosque del Cabo

Day 8 Fly back to SJO and then back home.

Jan 7th, 2007, 06:57 AM

What a nice itinerary! Two great locations--you'll have a wonderful time. Cool that you can raft the Pacuare out of PV on your way back to SJO. I was going to suggest you return by that route anyway--very scenic.

On the way to PV, you might enjoy stopping at Parque Nacional Cahuita--very nice park with lots of wildlife right on the beach. Also a good place for lunch at Miss Edith's (she's slower than the 7 year itch, but good) or Cha Cha Cha.

Once in PV (have I mentioned this to you on another post?) you might think about calling Abel Bustamante, who lives in Manzanillo (506 759 90 43). He is a wonderful guide, inexpensive, and will take you into primary forest, show you SO much (he's a natural teacher), or even deeper into Gandoca/Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge to view the dolphins further south offshore. Anything you're interested in in the area, he can make it better. And a super nice guy.

[email protected]

Have a great time--when are you leaving?
Jan 7th, 2007, 10:51 AM
RAL
Original Poster

Shillmac,

We are leaving on Feb. 17 and counting the minutes.

We are using the same driver for the second year in a row.
It took some research to find the rafting company that offers the pick up and drop off in both locations. For a full day of rafting and tranfer from PV to SJO is $95 per person. Not bad considering to get a ride from SJO Airport to Puerto Viejo, the cost will be $160.
Jan 7th, 2007, 11:12 AM

Not bad at all--very good deal. You guys have a terrific time--and do post for us when you return! Pura Vida and Buen Viaje!
Jan 14th, 2007, 08:39 AM

RAL -- Can you please post back about the rafting experience you have from PV to SJO? We are considering the same trip from SJO to PV in May.

Thanks!
Jan 16th, 2007, 09:28 AM
RHR

hipvirgo chick

I am travelling with RAL. The name of the company is Exploradores Outdoors and the web site is.

www.exploradoresoutdoors.com

Jan 16th, 2007, 08:26 PM

Thanks RHR. Well, it looks like they have a 12 year old age minimum and I'm taking my 10 year old daughter. It looks like we'll be doing a "float" instead of the rapids this time around!