Search

Is Arenal Paraiso a good choice?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is Arenal Paraiso a good choice?

Hi-
We have chosen the Arenal Paraiso for our Arenal/La Fortuna stay (In July). Can anyone tell me about this place. I picked it mostly because the pools and hotsprings on their property. Are they nice? How are the rooms? I understand the food isn't that good there. Many thanks.
Old Mar 29th, 2006, 03:37 PM

We stayed at AP for part of our honeymoon and just loved it. The grounds were beautiful and you can't beat the view. The rooms were very spacious and clean with a huge shower, fridge, cable and AC; we didn't have any problems. As for the food, we only ate breakfast there but breakfast was delicious. I liked the hot springs but I can't compare them to Tabacon. On our first trip to Arenal we were just too cheap to pay the $30/pp entrance fee and on our HM, I wanted to see them in the daylight but it was just too hot during the day to sit in "volcano juice." I have no complaints about AP.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 06:45 AM

We stayed at the Arenal Paraiso a year ago in January. It was very nice--though the restaurant was definitely hit or miss for dinner (and when they missed, they missed by miles). Breakfasts were great.

When we were there, the AP had perfect views of the lava flows. Don't know if that's so now as they change now and then. You want your hotel to be well located to see the show at night if the volcano and weather cooperate while you are there. If you ask, the staff will wake you up if the volcano starts a good display late at night. And it's well worth be awakened for.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 11:28 AM

We stayed here last year and would recomend the hotel and breakfast was fine but be warned Dinner was the worse that we have ever had anywhere - I cannot tell you how bad it was. There are great restaurants around such as the steak house down the road just before Tabacon.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 12:30 PM
lvk

Another thumbs up for the Arenal Paraiso. We stayed there in August of 2004, while their own "hot springs" were under construction.

We were in a deluxe cabin, which had a small refrigerator. The rooms were very basic, wood panelled and clean. What we enjoyed most was the glass-in front porch with leather rocking chairs.

In addition to the attributes previously mentioned, the thing that struck me was how very clean the place was. You always saw the staff cleaning windows, walkways, the bar tops, the pool area, etc.

I also agree with the comments about the restaurant. Breakfast was good. Dinner hit/miss. We did enjoy the tilapia for dinner. The rest was very forgettable.

We also did the Ziplines at the AP. The guides were very courteous and fun. I highly recommend it.

Enjoy!
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 12:46 PM

I also like this place a lot, and so does my son. They have a zip line right there, a new spa, and a great view of the volcano (I saw the lava from there -- just keep your curtains open all night!) The food wasn't great, but it wasn't sickening either -- kept me from overeating. However, the view from the dining room is fantastic and makes you forget about the food.

Sandy
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 07:33 AM

Hi-
My family is thinking of staying at Arenal Paraiso in July (Deluxe Cabin) and we were wondering what size beds were in the Deluxe Cabins (queen or double)? Any info would be great! Also, if anyone has rented a 4x4 at the airport in San Jose, can you recommend a rental car company? Thanks!