Is all-inclusive worth it?

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 04:20 AM
deb

Is all-inclusive worth it?

We are a family of six, kids ages 10, 8, 5 and 3. They are light eaters and we don't drink that much. We are so active during the day we don't take much advantage of evening entertainment. Is all-inclusive the best way for us to go to get a nice resort with a great kids' club and pools? Or are there other beautiful non-all-inclusive resorts you guys would recommend? Thanks for the great advice.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 04:44 AM
sue

in my opinion with 3 kids, i would choose this. it is convenient, especially if no restauarants close to resort. you can go and start serving yourselves right away, no waiting. there is usually a good variety. on other hand if too expensive for your budget than maybe it would be better to eat out. well good luck with your choice and have a great vacation.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 06:48 AM
Anne-Marie

4 kids 10 and under? Is there any other way to go but A/I? Unless of course you are very rich and money is not a concern. Keeping them hydrated alone would kill my budget. However there are many nice A/I resorts that offer a non A/I option, so you can just have access to the resort's amenities.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 04:55 PM
dougout

Good advice above. Too many to go pay for play. AI will be way cheaper.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 09:08 PM
Brenda F.

We didn't go all inclusive but wished we had. You may not eat every meal at the hotel but it is nice to have somewhere to eat without having to get dressed and find the right place every time you eat. I think you'll find that you save enough with breakfast and drinks through the day to pay for a few extra meals when you are out. Some of the tours furnish your lunch. I personally didn't find a lot of food that I really liked in Cancun. I know that there is probaly some good places. We were just not lucky encough to find them. I did like Captain Coves, but with a large family it would be kind of pricy. I also like the Rain Forest Cafe in the FOrum. Real hamburgers for kids. Hope this helps.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 03:46 AM
jen

All-inclusive is SO relaxing for the mom! No worries about what to eat, when to eat,etc. I think it's the ONLY way to go with kids. However, I think most resorts only allow 4 to a room, so you may have some trouble with that aspect. I really like to Iberostar resorts south of Playa del Carmen. I've also heard good things about the Riu resorts.

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 06:56 AM
Terri

We stayed at Gran Caribe Real in Dec. with our 10 and 14 year olds and did the all-inclusive plan. It was well worth it.They had a variety to choose from and hey, when you're on vacation let them have 3 desserts...you already paid for it! You won't believe how much your kids will drink when they can order anything as often as they like, it makes them feel pretty cool! Have fun!