Puerto Vallarta jungle tour-is food safe?

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 04:09 AM
travelhound

Puerto Vallarta jungle tour-is food safe?

Been to mexico many times, but always stick to regular restaurants to avoid illness and have had no problems. Want to try a "rythms of the night jungle tour" this year, but it has a dinner out in the jungle and I am concerned about the food being safe to eat, especially since we will have children with us. Any advice from those who have eaten on these tours? THANKS!

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 06:26 AM
JRinPV

No problem at all. Vallarta Adventures, which runs this trip, is a very reliable and well run company. Here in Vallarta, we probably have the best hygiene in Mexico.

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 12:28 PM
LordBalfor

The food was absolutely wonderful! Rhythms of the Night is not really a jungle tour, but rather a combination cruise, dinner on the beach at the edge of the jungle, and terrific nightime dance show in an amphitheatre carved out of a jungle hillside. This is NOT roughing it by any means. I believe the food is cooked onsite (though I'm not sure). In any event the food was fresh, safe and absolutely delicious. If you want to see the facilities for yourself, take a look at my Puerto Vallarta photoset at the following URL:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lordbalfor

The last 2 pictures are of part of the Rhythms of the Night compound.

Ken

PS: This is a very romantic experience. If you can leave the kids with a sitter, do it.

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 04:42 AM
travelhound

Thanks, you two! I REALLY appreciate it and we will definitely try it this year! Happy Holidays! Any other tips on the hidden treasures of PV?

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 08:09 AM
LordBalfor

You're quite welcome.
Chino's Paradise was the best meal we ate while in the PV area. I highly recommend it. By the way, I have a few additional photos of the Rhythms of the Night compound that I didn't post on Webshots. If you are interested in seeing them, just e-mail me and let know and I'll be glad to e-mail them to you.

Enjoy your trip!
Ken

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Teri

My husband and I went on the Sierra Medres and we had a great time. The food we had was great and never got sick from anything we ate on any of our tours or at our resort (Melia).

Old Jan 20th, 2002, 01:20 PM
mike moser

this fellow has never been on this trip as it costs monies. as for hygiene, you pay your money you take your chances. this fellow leaves you with the impression that he is the mayor of the city.

Author: JRinPV ([email protected])
Date: 12/19/2001, 09:26 am
Message: No problem at all. Vallarta Adventures, which runs this trip, is a very reliable and well run company. Here in Vallarta, we probably have the best hygiene in Mexico.