Reload this Page >

Input, please, on Hotel Punta Islita in Costa Rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 1998, 09:45 AM
Kat

I'm considering a stay at Hotel Punta Islita on Costa Rica's Peninsula Nicoya. Would love to hear input from folk who have stayed or visited there.

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 07:44 AM
Robyn

Kat: <BR>My boyfriend and I just returned from a week at Hotel Punta Islita, and it was simly wonderful. The setting is gorgeous and there are so few people for the amount of land that you feel as though you are the only people there. The hotel plans many activites daily, or you can just read by the pool all day. We adored the staff, and were very impresed with their attentiveness and friendly attitudes. It is also a class act; every meal is served very elegantly in a beautiful indoor/outdoor room overlooking the property. I would definitely recommend flying though; people who drove said it took them 5 hours from Puntarenas! Please feel free to email me with other questions, but I hope you are planning to go! <BR>

Old Jan 6th, 2000, 02:59 PM
Kat

Thanks very much, Robyn, for your detailed reply.

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 11:49 AM
carrie

I've not been to Punta Islita (heard about it), but I just got back from CR on the 7th.. and stayed at the most incredible place in the Nicoya Peninsula.... the Tambor Tropical (www.tambortropical.com). I can't say amazing enough! <BR>People - so nice... fun... you'll make friendships. <BR>food - amazing!!!!! <BR>rooms - only 5 cabinas with 2 suites each. they are huge (1000 or more sq feet) and beautiful!! all local woodwork. <BR>Pool - relaxing. <BR>horseback riding - the most fun i've ever had. <BR>swimming.. boating.. traveling by car. <BR> <BR>There are just too many good things to talk about. My hubby and I usually won't visit a place more than once (like to try new things)... this one we would most certainly go back to. It is so special!! <BR> <BR>If you call... tell the owner, mark, or the general manager, juan carlos, hello from carrie & will (the ones that ate their fresh caught Wahoo for Xmas dinner!!). <BR>Enjoy where ever you go!

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 07:07 PM
Ellen

The Tambor Tropical does not get good ratings on this site (customer ratings, under &quot;rants and raves&quot. I hope it is as wonderful as you say, Carrie- I am going there over Christmas.