Iguazu Falls trip worth it??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am traveling to Argentina in September. Is it worth to cut my Buenos Aires Trip by one day to visit the Iguazu Falls??? I need a response. Thank you.
Old Jun 26th, 2003, 10:15 AM
me

Iguazu is magnificient ,well worth a couple days( 1 day is not enough time to see it all ) to visit but... only if you already spend a good week in BA. It also depends on what type of traveling you like ? city or nature ?-Buenos Aires is a wonderful and exciting city.
Old Jun 27th, 2003, 12:49 PM

My husband and I have been to South America five times, and Iguazu is a highlight of our trips. It has to be one of the top natural wonders of the world.
Does anyone remember the name of the movie that was filmed with scenes of the falls? It was something like The Mission. Anyway, if you go, it's a good movie to see beforehand.
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 08:30 AM

i just returned from a trip to B.A. and Rio and the falls.. I only had 2 nights at the falls and that was not enough.. I cant wait to return
Old Jun 28th, 2003, 10:22 AM

Your question is like askingquot;I am visiting New York City; should I cut one day to go see Niagara Falls as well?" I believe the answer is definitely YES, and no one would be regret for the decision afterwards. The only difference is that New York City is far more interesting than BA, and the Iguazu Falls is better than the Niagara.

Go figure.
Old Jul 5th, 2003, 04:15 PM

Just came back from visiting the Iguazu falls , the answer is YES, please go and visit them.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 02:14 PM

My wife and I went to Iguazu Falls for one night, between stays in BA and Rio, and had a great time. I am not big into sightseeing and I questioned the value of going all that way to see some waterfalls, but they really are a sight to behold and I would definitely recommend the trip if at all possible. It's true that you should stay at least two nights, but we did it in one night. Here's what we did: we hired a private guide (through Mayra at Argentinago.com; she also did our flights and hotels, and we highly recommend her). The cost is US$220 for two people, but you get a car, driver, and guide. He picked us up at the airport when we arrived at noon and took us to the Sheraton (in the park, on the Argentina side), waited until we checked in, then took us on a tour of the falls. We had dinner in the hotel. The next day, we drove to the Brazil side and toured the falls there (you really have to see it from both sides), then he dropped us off at the airport at around 2 pm. The key to this sidetrip was hiring the private guide with a car, which made us much more mobile than taking buses, and also staying at the hotel in the park; otherwise, you have to travel back and forth to the town. Obviously, it's more expensive this way, but you have to pay at least $50 for buses anyway, and it's the way to go if you're short on time. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 03:42 PM

My wife and I visited the Iguazu Falls and had a great time there too. The answer is yes, go and visit the Falls. Cintia from www.wowargentina.com set up our trip with a private guide so that we could go "at our own pace". It was outstanding and I don't recall paying so much money for it. I think it was less than $60 for both of us including everything (private car, guide and transfer from and to hotel). BTW, the guide spoke excellent English. There are many Cintia's fans here!