Iguana Lodge CR

May 8th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

Iguana Lodge CR

Today is probably the last day to see the article but there is a wonderful one about Iguana Lodge and Lauren, one of the owners in last weekends Tico Times.
http://www.ticotimes.net/travel.htm

Hubby told me about it a few days ago and didn't get a chance to look until today.
May 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM

Saw that. It reminded me that I've been intending to book a Club Room for a month now and haven't done it yet. Now it's done!

Thanks for making the link available to Fodor's folks!
May 9th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Enjoy your stay. I am looking forward to seeing the upgrades. As you know I have stayed there several times.

The food is very good at both the Pearl and Iguana. Splurge on a dinner over at Iguana one night at least. Jose used to work at Lapa Rios. He was nice enough to give me his stuffed avocado recipe.

Speaking of Jose...the ex bartender from LR and Bosque del Cabo. His son in law works at Iguana and you might run into his daughter at the Pearl. They just live down the beach. I first met her several years ago when she was bartending at the Pearl but she hasn't worked there in a few years now.
May 9th, 2008, 09:47 AM

Missed the article, but Jill, enjoy the stay there. If you are going to be there on a Fri. night, the included dinner is at the Pearl (public restaurant) and it's Salsa/Pasta night, was a lot of fun! All the locals come and the food is quite good. We also had lunch there.

How was Vegas/Jersey Boys? We saw the play in NY when it first opened, one of our favorites!
May 9th, 2008, 10:26 AM

Thanks for posting this; it looks like a wonderful place. Would be a good place to split time with BdC.