Search

Hydrofol Trip from BA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17th, 2003, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hydrofol Trip from BA

I know there is a high speed boat that goes from BA to a coastal city in Uruguay(name??). I would just be doing this as a quick day trip, any suggestions as to what to see/do. I was planning on being there for just a couple of hours before catching the boat back. Also I assume ATM's are available close to the dock?
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 06:43 AM

Hi, I recently respond to a similar request. It is called a high speed ...ferry ....anyway it only takes 55 minutes. Go to buquebus.com
there you will find that they offer two different daile trips to Colonia, URuguay, including a city tour to museums etc, and a lunch. Plus all transportation. Guess it is worth it.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I did find the website, unfortunately they only offer 2 high speed ferries each day, and with an arrival at noon in Colonia--my only option for return is 17:30. I was looking to spend at most 2-3 hrs, given I'm only going to be in BA for 2 days total. Any other 'quick' side trips to suggest??
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 01:35 PM

Mauld, Given that you are only going to be in BA for a few days, I would pass on the trip to Colonia. It is a very quiet town. You will spend most of your time travelling. Buquebus does take credit cards, so no worries about ATM's.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 04:45 PM

Mauld, I agree with TravelOne, if you are going to be in Bs As ONLY two days....do not go to Colonia, enjoy Bs As, surely you will have tons of things to do, and at the end of two days barely know Bs As.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 01:15 PM

I had a bad experience with the Fast Ferries. I gave them my credit card(VISA) which they ran through the machine. They came back to me and told me the card would not go through, so I paid them in cash. Upon return I found out that the card did go through, not only once but twice,even though I did not sign anything. So,I really paid them three times the fares. My credit card company is now investigating. My recommendation, therefore, would be to pay cash.
Despite my experience, I would recommend visiting Colonia in Uruguay, which is a UN designated heritage site. It is well worth the trip.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 05:07 PM

Hi Peter Pan, sorry about that. It must have been one of those things. I paid many times with credit card. No problem.