hotels in PV

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 08:06 AM
JJ

hotels in PV

We are planning our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta in mid-October. We are looking at the Melia, Allegro, President Intercontinental and La Jolla de Mismaloya all-inclusives. Which would you recommend? I know most people recommend steering clear of the AIs, but we are on a very tight budget. We will go out for a few meals and to see some sights.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 05:07 PM
robert

go to skyauction.com and start bidding on air/hotel packages. 5 star hotels can be had for as little as $30 a night. hotels like the myan, paradise, velas etc.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 09:36 AM
PV packages

Unless you're dead set on an all-inclusive for other reasons, you might want to do the math on independent options. There are many lovely rooms in Old Town PV at $75-100/night. Breakfasts easily found for $3-5US, lunch $5-7, dinners $7-12.

I steer clear of AI's because I don't trust the food, don't like staying in huge places, like more personal and friendly service, and have always (14 trips PV) been able to beat the package prices on my own.

Having said that... Of the ones you mentioned I'd pick Mismaloya because of its location south of town. But double check the beach condition (if this is important to you) because it was washed out pretty bad by storms a season ago.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Kim Meller

we stayed at the Allegro in August of last year. Although it wasn't bad, it wasn't great either. The food was lacking , the rooms are nice enough, but there is really nothing to do on the grounds itself. We are going to PV again this August, but are not going all inclusive. But all in all , out of 5 stars, i would give it a 3.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 06:14 PM
vicente

Everyone's right about not doing Al if you don't have to. Here's my pitch.
1St--Laura [email protected]
Puerto Vallarta Vacations-888-849-3579
from US She's a sweetheart.
[email protected] was looking for an apt. for me for the month of OCT. and found several from $850.00-$1,200.00
but I'd already found one. I will try her again and will meet with her when I'm there.
3rd--www.vrbo.com/vrbo-and select country
4th but not least--only because I don't know if he finds digs, [email protected] (John)
5th--rezrez.com
Best on your honeymoon and drop me a line.
Vince
[email protected]