Search

hotel rio de janeiro

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 1997, 11:49 AM
de ranitz

hotel rio de janeiro

we will have a convention in rio from 23-30 may 1998.i would like to reserve the best hotel in ipanema.plse. advise.

Old Oct 24th, 1997, 11:19 AM
Carlos

My friend you are lucky, I just arrived yesterday from Rio (for a convention).
For complete info check www.ipanema.com with all info regarding Rio, not just Ipanema.

I just stayed at the Sheraton next to Ipanema, the hotel was ok, nothing really good. The food was good but extremely expensive: breakfast buffete R$25, dinner buffete R$37 pp (exchange rate is R$1.1 per usd).

Two scotch whiskies at lobby bar at the Intercontinental hotel R$30 !!!!!!

My collegues from Austria told me that Rio is more expensive than their country.

Need more info ?? contact me.

Old Oct 31st, 1997, 04:05 AM
Joel Musman

I think that the best hotel in Ipanema is the Caesar Park. If you want a more reasonable hotel but still confortable you can check the Sol Ipanema that belongs to the Best Western chain. Be aware of any of the Luxor Hotel chain. They are old and bad. Good luck!

Old Oct 31st, 1997, 04:05 AM
Joel Musman

I think that the best hotel in Ipanema is the Caesar Park. If you want a more reasonable hotel but still confortable you can check the Sol Ipanema that belongs to the Best Western chain. Be aware of any of the Luxor Hotel chain. They are old and bad. Good luck!

Old Nov 18th, 1997, 08:43 PM
Robert C. Thompson

Why Ipanema? It is more expensive than Copa section, which has more hotels to chose from and is more fun. There are several new hotels along the beach - there is always the Meridian, but the sheer size the play may be a turnoff. The price range is also better in Copacabana. Avoid the downtown and Gloria section.

Old Mar 7th, 1998, 11:17 AM
Silvia

Nest time that you go to Rio let me know. You can beat the hotel prices and stay in my condo, whith is very nice and I ret it for tourism since Im living in USA. The condo is located in one of Rios best areas, 2bdr, 2bath (suite) all furnished including phone, air conditioner, kitchen utilities, pool, sauna, gym, security. garage etc. Great for family and couples. I charge $950/week and if you want to stay more we can agree in a best price

Old Mar 7th, 1998, 11:19 AM
silvia

Message: Nest time that you go to Rio let me know. You can beat the hotel prices and stay in my condo, whith is very nice and I ret it for tourism since Im living in USA. The condo is located in one of Rios best areas, 2bdr, 2bath (suite) all furnished including phone, air conditioner, kitchen utilities, pool, sauna, gym, security. garage etc. Great for family and couples. I charge $950/week and if you want to stay more we can agree in a best price

Old May 13th, 1998, 05:53 PM
Erin Whitworth

Copacabana beach is more crowded and touristy than Ipanema. I prefer the latter. In fact, just go up the coast a bit to Barra da Tijuca. If you want an even nicer beach, go to Buzios in the state of Rio--about two-three hours travel.