Hotel Lancaster in BA

Old Apr 7th, 2003, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hotel Lancaster in BA

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Lancaster in Buenos Aires?? What were your impressions??
Old Apr 7th, 2003, 06:39 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm topping for you Thin as I'd like to know what people say about this hotel too!

Debbie
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 03:25 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Lancaster is a "character" hotel...it is an older property in the downtown area. If you like hotels that are architecturally distinctive and charming as opposed to sleek and modern, you will enjoy the Lancaster. The lobby is quite impressive...some of the rooms need to be refurbished, and some are clearly nicer than others....the staff is competent and friendly enough, although some are on the stuffy side...
for the money, a good buy, I would say...

The Lancaster is very near Galerias Pacifico and Ave. Florida (The pedestrian mall)....

Downtown has its advantages and disadvantages....it can be noisey during the day (better to be on an upper floor), and is relatively deserted at night (this raises a safety issue....so take a taxi when you go out after dark...there is a cab stand just outside the Lancaster, on the corner of Reconquitsa and Cordoba).....

Old Apr 8th, 2003, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am not concerned about safety. I have been known to walk the streets of Philly at 4 in the morning. Drunk and shoeless.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 03:16 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thinGorjus,
lol...here's hoping you don't wind up drunk, shoeless and penniles, having been robbed on the streets of Buenos Aires...FWIW, there are some nice bars on Reconquista in which to drink if you are middle aged...if you are young and foolish, asia de Cuba near the Hilton is good.....
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OOHHHHH, Asia de Cuba sounds fantastic. We have an Alma de Cuba in Philly that I am a big fan of--trendy and chic. I like places that I can go to show off my Richard Tyler clothes and drink dry Stoli martinis until the sun comes up. Know of any other hot scenes???
Old Apr 11th, 2003, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
TTT