Hotel in Playa Grande/Tamarindo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My gilfriend and I are desiring a relatively peaceful hotel in the Tamarindo area for 3 nights in November, and are willing to be somewhat removed from the hustle and bustle to accomplish this. Does anyone have any experience with Bula Bula Hotel or Hotel Villa Buala? Any other suggestions of places that might fit the bill (preferably in the $100/night range).
Thanks for sharing your thoughts/experiences.
Old Sep 6th, 2005, 01:00 PM

We stayed at the Villa Baula and loved it - we had a family style bungalow for 4 with a small kitchen. The hotel is right on a nice surfing beach, has a beautiful pool and a family style restaurant. It is a bit of a drive from the nearest major town but there are small stores and other restaurants nearby. I don't know much about the BulaBula but this area sounds like what you are looking for. Good luck and have fun! E-mail me if you want to know more
Old Sep 7th, 2005, 09:00 AM

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Las Tortugas in June and were very happy. We stayed in the apartments that they own and probably would have preferred the hotel a little more but still had a great time. The Rip Jack Inn and Playa Grande Inn also looked nice but aren't directly on the beach. They are just a 1 minute walk though. I think they are all in the price range you are looking for.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 08:03 AM

I visited this site for hotels and B & B's in Tamarindo. This person has pictures of most destinations Playa Grande also, in CR on his site, but here is the map for knowing how close you are to the beach. www.costaricaweb.de/crweb/de /tamarindoweb/index7.htm
Old Sep 10th, 2005, 07:58 PM

If you don't mind NOT being on the beach, you would love the Bula Bula. It is a lovely hotel, wonderful hosts, lively bar, good food and peaceful surroundings.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks all! Looks like we'll be staying at Bula Bula - will report back in December when we return. BTW, Dyer, the web page for the Playa Grande hotel locations seems to not be working, although the Tamarindo hotels come up fine - nice link!