Hotel ?? in Cancun

Old Mar 17th, 2000, 08:53 AM
Kathy

Hotel ?? in Cancun

In two weeks, we will be staying at the Sheraton Cancun Resort at the start of our vacation, then at the Hyatt Regency on our way back. Has anyone stayed at these places? If so, would you share your opinions.Thank you!!! <BR>P.S. Please tell me that spring Break will be over by then!

Old Mar 17th, 2000, 08:15 PM
Lulu

Kathy, <BR> <BR>We stayed at the Sheraton, in the tower, in 1996. The resort, service and room was very nice. I' don't know if you have kids but it seemed kid friendly. Like you, we stayed at two hotels in Cancun. If I remember right there are two Hyatts. We stayed at the Camino Real, which was right next to Hyatt in the center of the Hotel Zone. We had two beaches and they had almost none. With that said, my girlfriends, who have stayed there, liked it very much and just went to the beach somewhere else. I must say I loved the Camino Real. I have traveled alot and it was my favorite resort. Very Mexican, central location but you feel like your in your on island, laid back elegant resort; however, the rooms are not plush. Still we loved it and they don't allow college kids.The place is so spread out you feel like your there with 20 other people. I know other people rant about the Fiesta Americana but we went in there and it was way to busy for me in MHOP. Have fun and if your staying at the Hyatt, if it is the one, which is next to the Camino Real, have dinner at the Camino Real's beach side resturant. Sorry, I don't remember the name as they have three resturants but it is right on the beach, has beautiful views and the seafood was great.

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 05:08 AM
Kathy

Thanks, Lulu. I really appreciate the information. This is our first trip to Cancun. We have traveled to Baja, which I am assuming alot different from Cancun. We had to wear rubber slippers in the shower and check the beds for bugs. I am concerned about the food. Did you have any problems? Someone suggested taking the suppliment, Acidopholis . It is supposed to kill "bad bacteria" in the digestive system. Any suggestions for a "weak-stomached" person? Thanks for your help!!

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 10:31 AM
Lulu

I was in Enseanda (Sorry, I'm a terrible speller) in 1986 and it was totally different from Cancun. Cancun is very American and commerical but alot of fun. <BR>I have a very weak stomach also and had no problems with food or drink (I drank tap water, ate fresh fruit, etc.). The water is fine to drink in Cancun but be careful with food and drink on day trips outside of Cancun. No problems what so ever with bugs and leave your slippers at home. The big resorts are very clean and the general area, when we where there, was cleaner than most of the US. We did lots of day trips, which was fun, but I regret not seeing the ruins, which everyone I have talked too said was the highlight of the trip. Oh, I forgot to tell you, there is a deli across from the Hyatt where you can get cheap sandwiches, snacks, etc. <BR> <BR> Have a great trip!

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 11:20 AM
Lulu

Sorry,I should have added, take the supplement just in case! Sometimes, I have problems, not just in other countries, but in different regions of the US. Better safe than sorry. If you have additional questions or want tips, Feel free in email me.