Search

Cancun Palace

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2000, 06:59 PM
debbie

Cancun Palace

Hi. Just arrived home from a week in Cancun. <BR>Stayed at the Cancun Palace. Had a great time. Friendly staff, good food, clean, lots of action. Visited the Sun Palace. It was very quiet and dull compared to Cancun Palace. The beaches were nice; water was beautiful at both resorts. Any other questions, post a note and I can give you more details. <BR>

Old Mar 9th, 2000, 05:50 AM
Alisa

Hi Debbie! We are going to the Cancun Palace for our honeymoon in May. I am very excited. It's good to hear you had a good experience. Please let me know if you have any advice, or if there's anything we should know. I think we'd like to do some snorkeling or scuba diving, but mostly just relax. Thanks a lot!!!

Old Mar 9th, 2000, 06:01 PM
debbie

Hi Alisa, <BR>We mostly relaxed all week with our two teenager kids. Cancun Palace is large and spacious and perfect for couples, families, etc. It seems to cater mostly to couples and college kids(last week). Should be quieter when you are there in May. We didn't do excursions but next time we would. Would check out the Isla Mujeres day trip; not too far and apparently really nice. You can swim with the dolphins there and I heard that is amazing. I think you can also snorkel there too. We stuck around the hotel because my son had severe sunburn - don't forget the sunscreen! Be sure to take a bus ride into town - that's an experience all it's own. The bus drivers don't waste any time! The bus service is amazing - they literally run every minute - no wait at all. They have parasailing and jet skiing rentals right on the beach at about $40.00 american. We would definately go back to cancun palace. Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Old Mar 16th, 2000, 05:06 AM
Alisa

Hi again Debbie! Thanks for the info. I have another question for you. What is the dress like? We're not sure what type of clothes to bring. How casual or fancy are the restaurants, etc.? Thanks a lot!!

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 04:50 PM
debbie

Hi Alisa: <BR> <BR>There are 3 restaurants at Cancun Palace. 2 of the restaurants are flexible dress. Shorts, etc, are okay, just no bathing suits. I tried one day to go in for lunch in a bathing suit and cover up and they told me to pull on a pair of shorts. <BR>There is one fancier restaurant. It is a la carte and very nice. La Golandrinas I think it was called. It was more dressy; long pants for men; I wore a summery dress. Only dined there once though since you did have to dress up a little and I really felt like being casual most of the time. <BR>Generally things are pretty casual. Lots of bikinis walking around! Hubby and son loved it. <BR>Feel free to respond if you have any other questions, while it is all fresh in my mind. <BR>