COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

hotel ikal del mar on mayan riviera? Anyone?

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 06:17 PM
gayw.

hotel ikal del mar on mayan riviera? Anyone?

This "small luxury hotel" open this Jan.2002...3 miles n.of Playa del Carmen and 30 s.of Cancun. Looks wonderful from web site...has anyone stayed there yet?
Thanks...curious how the beach is...to many waves, or calm, swimmable waters....and how is their pool?

Old May 16th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Mary

ttt

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 07:11 AM
kim

Have you stayed here?
Need info. please

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:42 PM
Jolie

Just returned from Ikal del Mar and happy to provide info. Respond if you are still interested. We found it to be amazing.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Peggy

Please tell us everything. How was the rooms, food, service, & beach? Was it private & romantic? Were the food/drink prices mostly reasonable or very expensive. What is the best located rooms? I heard mosquitos could be a problem in the rooms further from the beach. Were there other places to go for dinner if you chose to? How was the private pool? And did they hve kayaks or sailing boats & were the water conditions favorable for that and/or snorkeling? Thanks for any info!

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 07:37 AM
SK

We're also looking at Ikal del Mar for a honeymoon trip next March. Looks lovely on the internet and have been pleased with our stays at other Small Luxury Hotels. We're also considering Paraiso de la Bonita.

How are the beach and the water sports at Ikal del Mar? Is there A/C in the rooms or is it cool enough at night? Looking for any additional information.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 07:27 AM
dena

Here it is. If you want the most lux resort in Riviera Maya is Paraiso de la Bonita. The beach is isolated and you will think that you're on a private beach. The resort has columned pavilions, reflecting pool, mayan statues & more. They've designed the resort similar to a Aman resort. The service, room & the spa(over 20,000 square foot ) is excellent. Room has marble floor, slik cutains, stuccoed arches, Balinese bowls and more! Bathroom has marble sinks. Some bathrooms have marble tubs as big as a plunge pool.
Maroma --- was sold to Orient-express hotles. www.orient-expresshotels.com.
It has nicer beach then Paraiso, but I would not rate Maroma as a 5 star lux hotel. I preferred some dishes at Maroma better then paraiso. It is still nice, it will be depend upon how much luxury everyone is looking for?
Ikal del mar - is unique & set in a thick jungle. Room has mosquito netted platform bed, beautiful bathroom, an outdoor shower in a back garden/plunge pool. The beach is some what rocky for swimming. YOu can walk further down and will find a nicer beach area. The food is ok to our taste/overpriced.

My husband & I've been to all above resorts, he is with hotel's management. You can always split your time between two resorts. Also, Ritz in Cancun is lux too. Enjoy.