Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Holy Cow! faithie does it again! Booked today, leave for Costa Rica in 7 days!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everyone, I thought I'd let my Fodorite friends know that we just booked on a whim and leave on the 19th for Costa Rica. We found tickets on selloff for 4 persons $1500 return all taxes in. YEAH! Just booked Sansa, and Costa Verde has room for us. Wow! What have I done, the kids are in the dark, nothing planned, I LOVE it! Jill, I need to get a hold of Lisa as I'd love to meet her and we had talked about it in the past.
P.S. Things could still be on for Panama or wherever in Jan. if the price is right!
Faith(need to E-Mail hotel!)
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 05:59 PM

Oh that is awesome! Please have a little toast at the Anaconda (a cold Imperial would do me quite nicely) for all of us stuck here. You're going to have such a great time, what a great present for your family.
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 06:02 PM

Well you sure know how to make a guy jealous.

Glad you are going to enjoy Christmas in Costa Rica.
Wo!! great prices at such a late date.

Do you have a direct flight from Montreal or do you have to change planes in Houston.?

You will like Costa Verde. Have you been to Manuel Antonio before.?

Have a great time.
What's that you ask !!??
Of course I am jealous, what do you expect.
Take Care
Percy

Old Dec 12th, 2006, 06:04 PM

Hi tully

we were both replying to faithie at about the same time

Percy
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Original Poster

Hi Guys! I will certainly have a Christmas day toast for you Tully, sounds like the correct thing!
Percy, it will be my 4th time to MA, and the 2nd stay at Costa Verde. We chose here again as the trip is so last minute, the children ADORE it here, and it IS Christmas and about them. Lots of time for them to see the other wonders Costa Rica offers on future trips. They are definitely NOT touring around the country kind of children at this point, it would not be fun for anyone. We will eat, beach, drink, and be merry!
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

And it is a direct flight from Montreal to san Jose. We leave here at 7 am, and arrive there at 11:40 am. We have enough time to catch an afternoon Sansa flight. Ha! I just bought 2 xmas trees as well, I'll still put them up, but somehow that does not seem as exciting as it did a few hours ago. I do not think its sunk in yet!
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 05:35 AM

Sounds super.
Feliz Navidad.
M
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanx Mikemo, I think so too. Just lined up the little gal to look after our cats. I'll do a Wallymart run for a pharmacia refill, my Isabella needs sandals, still not done actual xmas shopping, NO decorating or wrapping done, but hey! No complaints. Only prob.... Thought I had a month to get bathing suit ready, now I have 6 days!!! lol. Hmmmm....
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 09:24 AM

You lucky rascalette!

I'll e-mail Lisa's info to you this weekend. I have her new e-mail address and her phone number both--on my home computer. Do I have your e-mail address?

E-mail me at [email protected] and that will be my reminder.

Good for you! You'll love Lisa and Harry--very genuinely nice people!

Old Dec 13th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Original Poster

Hi Jill, I just E-Mailed you.
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 06:12 PM

Good deal--you'll have to wait until I get to my weekend house. It's on my computer there. When Lisa "went missing", I wrote to Anita at La Buena Nota. They are friends, and I knew Anita would know something. I also wrote to the head of the condo estates where she and Harry were living and he sent me their phone number, so I think I have all the information you will need. I'll send it Friday p.m. or Saturday.
I'm jealous! Hi Percy!
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 07:51 PM

Hi shillmac and Hi again to faithie.

Nice to see dfarmer is back !!

<font color="red"> Percy
</font>
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 03:32 AM

And Tully!
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 03:34 AM

Faithie, backing up. . .

Do you mean you found tickets from Montreal for all four of you for $1500, all taxes included? What a deal! Last minute sell-off? Tell me how that worked exactly. And the times--perfect for you. We can never seem to get a deal like that out of Dallas. I can't imagine why.
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 03:47 AM

Hi donna, percy, jill &amp; faithie! I'm so jealous, wouldn't your kids rather stay at home for the holidays? If you could get that plane to stop in Tampa I'll hop on real quick, I won't be a bother promise!
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 04:51 AM
Original Poster

Hi guys,
Yes Jill, its $1500.00 for ALL 4 of us. Thats the grand total( its $390.00 pp approx.)We get our tickets on selloffvacations.com(look under discount airfares) Even better deals for Mexico right now.
Tully, I'm not certain how the kids will react, they still do not know. We come back boxing day, and I'll take there stockings. And hey! Come along!
Old Dec 14th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

Those are Canadian $$$ as well. That would be about $1282.00 grand total in US $$. This is a company that liquidates seats when they have allinclusive packages that did not sell, so the closer to departure date you get the lower the price gets. They just want the seat filled and any $$ in their pocket.
Old Dec 15th, 2006, 08:51 PM
flamesfan

Faithie,

What a marvelous bargain especially at Christmas! I keep looking at that web site, and checking to see if anything reasonable comes up for SJO from Calgary.

I know you have mentioned SELLOFF before - thanks for sharing this site.

Bon Vacances!!

Old Dec 16th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Original Poster

Merci! I hope you find a great deal. Its certainly a great site for us.
Old Dec 18th, 2006, 05:21 PM

faithie - I can't follow your lead this time (but am so appreciative of your spur of the moment trip to Yelapa last Jan. for me to &quot;copy&quot. You will have a great time. My son, now in St. Cloud, MN at college, has two Canadian collegiate hockey playing friends at college. He is loving watching college hockey. My daughter is home from Georgia and my son will drive 4 1/2 hrs. or more in the predicted wintery mix in Minnesota/S.D. on Wed. I hope the weather in CR is sunny, sunny and sunny. Merry Christmas. Please report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -