Search

Hey Suzie!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Suzie!

I bet you know a good tour operator in Fortuna/Arenal area, (or how to handle my planning for activites in this area) Have you heard or know about the following (found on line at www.lascolinasarenal.com): Hotel Las Colinas [Rio Fortuna Waterfall on horseback ($15), Safari Float on Rio Penas Blancas ($40)]. Their prices seem so reasonable, it makes me wonder. I see you've mentioned Costa Rica Expeditions on o/posts. Are they exceptional (quality of service knowledge etc.). Also, any recommendations for MA (activities, tour companies, Thanks for your help on my plans
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 05:17 PM

ttt
Just found this. Will get back to you tomorrow. Pura Vida!!!!
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Original Poster

I knew I screwed up, but figured you'd find me!!!
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 06:55 AM

Hey Anita,
I am so sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Something very important came up.
Unfortunately I can't really give you much input on some of the questions.
Lots of people do the horseback. The ride isn't long and you still (from what I understand) have to do the long hike down to the waterfall. We have always driven (hubby doesn't like horses even though we had one. He did do okay on the Arenal to Monteverde horseback trip though). There is a small charge to be able to get on the path to hike down. There is a little pool of water that you can get into so wear a bathing suit. The Safari Float on the Rio Penas Blancas will be slow but you will see some things. I really enjoyed the Cano Negro trip. That area is a very important place for birds and people come from all over the world to study it. It is an all day trip.
Costa Rica Expeditions is an excellent company. First class all the way. They will do as much or as little as you need to make your trip go well. They can be free with your money to give you that first class service so be up front with them about how much you want to spend. Their guides are extremely knowledgeable about wildlife, birds, CR history, whatever. Let them know what you are interested in and they will send the appropriate type guide.
Unfortunately, our connection with CRE has moved on to another job. He was great and knew us well so we pretty much just had to tell him when we were coming and if we had some special things we wanted to see. Otherwise he came up with some great ideas for us.
We pretty much just play it by ear for day trips when we get to places and make our plans through our hotel when we have decided what we want to do. This year we hired a guide/driver who just took us where we wanted to go for our first 10 days. Our last week we just made our own plans and arrangements.
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Hi Suzie!
I phoned Costa Rica Expeditions today, and they were very helpful. They put me in touch w/ Sunset Tours (Sunsettourscr.com) to arrange the day trips we want to do while at Arenal. We are planning on the Cano Negro trip and also the Hanging Bridges (suggestion from you earlier). Thanks for all your help!
ANITA
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 08:51 PM

4 days and counting!!!!! Send me some Pura Vida when you get back! I am so envious. I was supposed to be going around this time also but my husband and I decided to go visit friends who we haven't seen for a long time in Argentina this fall. I'll have to wait until Feb for my PV now. Let us know how your trip went, I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Hope the weather holds out for you.
Old Jul 19th, 2003, 09:00 PM

My husband couldn't find the cards for the restaurant in Jaco. Sorry
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Original Poster

That's OK! You've been so holpful! Thanks for trying! Excited to tell you all about our trip when we get back! You probably are thinking we have planned a lot of tours into each day, (w/ all my questions about activites!), but I have a feeling we will probably be doing a lot of relaxing.