Helping a friend plan honeymoon in Costa Rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi-<BR>Friends of mine are going to CR for their honeymoon. <BR> My husband and I went 3 years ago for ours, however we stayed at Lapa Rios the entire time. We loved the resort! Our friends will stay there for 4 days, but then they want to chill at a great beach for a couple of days(which we felt Lapa Rios really didn't have).<BR> I did a search and I have read about Playa Hermosa? Any other beach areas with great hotels nearby? Remember, it is for honeymoon..so I would say the more secluded and special, the better! Not insanely expensive, either (Lapa Rios will take up a nice chunk of the budget!)!<BR>Thanks for your help!<BR>Kristy
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 09:31 AM

If Lapa Rios isn't written in stone yet your friends might want to look into staying at Bosque del Cabo. It is across the street and down the road from Lapa Rios a little ways on the actual point. The views are spectacular as they are on the absolute point and you can see the Pacific and the Gulf from various areas. There are wonderful trails both to the Pacific and the Gulf and the monkeys come right up to the pool area. I am sure you remember that LR was on a ridge and it was a lot of up and down stairs to get anywhere. To get to the beach you had to cross the road to the side that Bosque is on. Bosque has lovely lawns and beautiful palms and trees and flowers planted around. I have stayed at both now and will not go back to LR. The deluxe cabinas at Bosque are beautiful with garden showers totally open to the sky not enclosed like the Lapa Rios ones. The beaches are still a hike down but they are beautiful. They could walk for miles and bring a packed lunch and water.<BR>There is a pretty big difference in price also. For two at Bosque it is $135pp for the deluxe. At Lapa Rios it is $210pp. With the savings they could splurge twice!
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 11:43 AM

You mentioned Playa Hermosa so I highly recommend La Finestera - http://www.finisterra.net/ or Sueno - <BR>http://www.costa-rica-hotels-vacation.com/<BR><BR>Another option is a little hideaway called Villa Casa Blanca in Playa Ocotal -http://www.costa-rica-hotels-travel.com/ Playa Hermosa has the best beach and depending on what time of year your friends are visiting, the driest area in the country.<BR>Good Luck<BR>Michael<BR>[email protected]
Old Mar 26th, 2003, 03:16 PM

Kristy,<BR>Which Playa Hermosa were you looking at. There are at least two. One near Jaco and one further north.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

I don't even know which Playa Hermosa...I did a search on this site and it came up with that area--does one have a better beach then the other?<BR><BR>Bosque del Cabo looks great! Wish we would have known about that 3 years ago! <BR><BR>I sent my friend a ton of info...feel free to give more input (besides personal experience at Lapa rios, I'm going from guide books and internet sites!)<BR><BR>Thanks again!
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 06:12 AM

Michael is going to be partial I suspect . <BR>If they end up in his area (a very nice area) they could check out his boat. With all the money they save on staying at Bosque rather than Lapa Rios they could have a nice day on the water. <BR>Seriously, it is a very nice area and worth looking at.
Old Mar 27th, 2003, 07:27 AM

Hi Kristy:<BR>What time of year are your friends planning their honeymoon? You can't go wrong with either Lapa Rios or Bosque but if they are traveling during Aug. Sept or Nov. I would look a little further north even around Playa Samara or Tamarindo where rain fall is 1/2 of what they receive in the Corcovado area. Good Luck!