Search

help on central costa rica

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2005, 06:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help on central costa rica

my wife and i are bringing four customers and thier wives to cr for an incentative trip. most of the trip is planned. fly into liberia go to hotel el velero, playa hermosa for 3 nights. transfer to lost iguana via palo verde river cruise and guiatal pottery stop by michael mills. after los iguana (arenal) we have two more nights to fill and dont want to duplicate experiences. these are the locations that i have narrowed it down to ( but would love other suggestions)
1. stay an extra night at lost iguana and one night at the white house before fly out at noon
2 stay 2 nights at one of the following:
xandari; bosqu de paz; rio perlas (orsiro). it is hard to tell from the web sites what type of experience i will have for my travelers. thanks in advance for all inputs
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 06:52 PM

I'd suggest you check out and perhaps spend a couple of nights in the Rincon de la Vieja area north of Liberia. I've been researching the Hotel Borinquen. We've visited there on a day trip and I think it looks like a great place to relax for a couple of days--do some hiking, the mud baths, thermal springs (different from Arenal), the waterslide down the mountain, horseback, etc. You sure will be in a good position logistically to do that!
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

sorry forgot to add we are flying out of san jose.
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:55 AM

Have you checked Peace Lodge? You have the La Paz Waterfall Gardens, hummingbirds, butterflies, very close to Poas Volcano. www.waterfallgardens.com

Also might check Vista del Valle Plantation Inn. Very nice comfortable place to unwind and or do a day trip. www.vistadelvalle.com

Of coarse Xandari has the spa.

These are all within a drive range to get you to the airport easily. We have stayed at PL and VdV and very much enjoyed our time there.

Or possibly somewhere like Orquideas Inn for a lesser expensive place, (plus there are many others) from here you could choose from many daytrips, from musems to white water rafting to hiking and everything in between. www.orquideasinn.com
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

thanks, peace lodge was first choice
but they are booked.