HELP.. Hotel in Tamarindo???

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP.. Hotel in Tamarindo???

I am looking for nice Hotel in Tamarindo, preferably by beach or short distance to beach. The only rooms in Capitan Suizo do not have AC. Does any one know if Hotel rooms w/o AC (only fan in room) in Tamarindo are bearable?
I still want some suggestion on Hotels to fall back on. Thanks

Old Feb 4th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

d
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 12:26 PM

First what time of year are you planning to travel?

I have not yet visited the Tamarindo area but can maybe give you a little advice.

First if you have not found this website, do go an browse.

http://www.tamarindo.com/show.html

Look at Cala Luna, Las Totugas, Villa Alegre and Sueno del Mar, all these I recall as getting good reviews. Once you have looked at these put them in the search area to find comments here on this forum.

Hope this gives you a place to start.

Old Feb 4th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

THANK YOU dfarmer! I've seen a lot of your posting and they've been helpful in planning my trip. I am going May 6th (from Arenal to Tamarindo). I had the room on hold, until i got a better idea if i needed AC or not. I really wanted to stay @Capitan, but I think i'll do some research as you suggested and choose another Hotel w/AC (I'll have the option to turn it off). Thanks
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 04:27 PM

You are so welcome, glad that I could be of help.

I am certain you have realized that I truly love our time in CR.

We have always traveled in Feb and never found a great need for AC. Sorry I really can't help you with the May timeframe, but hopefully someone else will catch this post.

Have a wonderful trip.
Old Feb 4th, 2006, 08:46 PM

Family of four had a bungalow on May 24th through the 30th and did not need airconditioning. Ceiling fans above both beds (well bed and futon). Screen on top half of some walls but you will close the drapes. Yet you can hear the ocean early morning. Beautiful hotel - Right on the beach, no walking across a road and down a path. Swimming beach too. Will always yearn to stay there again even though I want to visit other locations the next times we get to go to Costa Rica. Pura Vida
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Dfarmer & Dyer,
Thank you both on your postings.
You are both very passionate about CR and I truly appreciate your sugesstions.

-Lastly:
I heard great things about a restaurant called Taboo, ever been? Any other ideas of places to eat really good food?
Old Feb 5th, 2006, 09:47 AM

Capitan Suizo is heaven on earth! We stayed there last year in a bungalow and only 1 night was it hard to fall asleep but the ocean, the monkeys, the pool, the beach, the people were like living out your dreams. We too cannot wait to go back. Airfare this year was not good so we are going elsewhere but our hearts belong to Costa Rica!!!
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 10:36 AM

Taboo, I am not familiar with. There are new restaraunts (or name changes) seeming to pop up all the time. The Lazy Wave was great but under new management now I hear. Nogi's right on the water had a good lunch (we never got upstairs for a meal). Hotel Pastiempo (SP) had a great dinner the Tues. night - Open Mike Night - that we ate there. Enjoy