Help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

My husband and I and another couple are planning a trip to costa rica. We are not sure where to stay or where to go. We are planning to go in March. Please give us some ideas on what part of the island we should go. I think we would like an Ocean veiw something memoriable. Should we use a tour guide. Please help Thanks, Tammy
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 12:37 PM

You'll probably need to be a bit more specific to get any good advice. What types of activities you like, What kind of tours you are interested on taking, do you want to hang on the beach, how long are you staying, etc...all this stuff will help

By the way, Costa Rica isn't an island.
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 02:57 PM

Buy yourself a good guidebook, such as Moon Handbook or Lonely Planet. That will help you choose an area of interest. On the north Pacific Playa Flamingo area is nice, further north around Playa Hermosa also very nice. Central Pacific beach areas include Manuel Antonio National Park, Dominical.

March is the height of the dry season for Guanacaste (northern Pacific area) and it could be dusty and brown, but still fun to visit. If you want lush and green, focus on Manuel Antonio area or the Osa Peninsula, Drake Bay side or Golfo Dulce (Cabo Matapalo) side.

Another area people enjoy is the southern Nicoya Peninsula around Malpais, Santa Teresa, and Malpais. It will be dusty and dry here as well. And so hot in March at the beach!

Once you have an area in mind, you can begin thinking about hotel choices. Lots with ocean views! You might also think about an oceanfront villa. There are some nice ones on Playa Flamingo, which is one of the prettiest beaches in the country, IMO!
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 05:23 PM

I think you ought to contact Pat Hewitt. Well regarded, honest TA. do a search here and on frommers - everyone thinks highly of him.

www.lovescostarica.com
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 06:38 PM

Agreed. Pat Hewitt helped us plan out honeymoon which was our first trip to Costa Rica, so I can vouch for his services personally.
Old Aug 18th, 2006, 12:19 PM

We stayed at Casa Chameleon in Mal Pais for our honeymoon and LOVED it! It's for couples only so it would be perfect if you are traveling with another couple. If you just click on my name you can read my trip report.It's not an island but it feels like one!