Help!!!

Nov 11th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Help!!!

Leaving on Saturday for a week in Costa Rica!!!! Very very excited...this is our 2nd visit!!! I have a few questions...good places to eat in Tamarindo, driving directions from Tamarindo to Quepos, and charter boat/diving company recommendations in Quepos??? We are interested in chartering but it's pricey for just the 2 of us...are there any companies that will put a bunch of people together and we'd all split the cost?
Nov 11th, 2003, 02:06 PM

The charter companies in Quepos are willing to work with you and others so the charters are not as expensive. BUT, I would contact them before your trip and give them dates and such. We tried to do it once we got there, and it was just not enough notice to come up with a group. Since my husband never got to go, I don't have any insight about which companies. Lots of fishermen hang at the restaurant El Gran Escape, you might be able to find something there as well.

Jean
Nov 13th, 2003, 06:54 PM
koa

Regarding driving from Tamarindo to Quepos. You can either drive up to Liberia and get on the inter american highway, or take the tempisque bridge. People swear the bridge is faster, but I took both ways, and felt Liberia was faster.The bridge route is confusing.As you probably know, finding your way around CR can be confusing with their terrible road signs.
Nov 14th, 2003, 04:21 AM

I've been researching restaurants in Tamarindo also in preparation for my visit in February. I've narrowed it down to Cala Moresca (at Cala Luna), Pachanga, El Jardin del Eden, and Stella's. I will be staying at Capitan Suizo, and hear that their restaurant is good also. Can anyone comment on these places? I'm looking for more upscale restaurants that use unique combinations of foods with great presentation. I don't mind spending more for a quality meal.
Nov 21st, 2003, 06:49 PM

How long is the drive from Liberia to Quepos?