HELP!

Old May 14th, 2002, 11:47 AM
michele

HELP!

Has anyone stayed at the Porto Bello Hotel or Hotel Tioga in Puntarenas? We need feedback asap. What about the town of Canas? Thanks.

Old May 15th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Les

Sorry, I've not stayed in either place. I'm curious why you'd want to stay in Puntarenas? It's really not pretty at all. Worst 'beach' in all of Costa Rica!

Old May 15th, 2002, 03:56 PM
moni

Puntarenas is not really the place to go. It has black volcanic sand and the town is kind of boring except for the locals. I stayed at the Hotel Tioga in 1972 and it was nice back then. I don't know about now. There are other much nicer beaches to visit. Try Tamarindo beach which is 4 hours by car or 4 to 5 hours by bus from San jose. Or go to Quepos which is the same distance fron San jose.

Old May 15th, 2002, 05:03 PM
michele

We're only staying 2 nights as there are friends who live there that we will be seeing and they're taking us on the Isle de Tortuga cruise. However, we still need to stay somewhere while there, so I'd really appreciate any and all feedback. P.s. we leave for Sugar Beach after that! Thanks.

Old May 16th, 2002, 02:35 PM
moni

You might as well stay at the Tioga it's nice enough and you will just use it for sleeping anyway.