Search

good restaurant in PV

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2004, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good restaurant in PV

Any suggestions for really good restaurant in PV. We will be in punta mita and will go one day into PV and hope to have good meal - probably lunch. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Aug 1st, 2004, 07:13 PM

have you checked out the restaurant section?
I think Trio and Cafe des Artistes may be the best restaurants in town.
Old Aug 3rd, 2004, 09:58 AM
Original Poster

Thank you. I will look now in restaurant section (of Fodors?)
Old Aug 3rd, 2004, 01:39 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
www.allvallarta.com and www.puertovallarta.net both have BB's like this one but specific to PV.

I like Mariscos Tinos in Pitillal and The Red Cabbage in Remance. I love the rooftop bar at Chez Elena, fantastic view of the city. I'm not sure if these are open at lunchtime though.

On Basilo Badillo (southside) Memo's Casa de Hotcakes and Fredy's El Tucan for breakfast or Cafe de Olla would be a great lunch choice for Mexican food.

When you mention "good meal" do you mean something a bit fancier?

If so, once you are in PV buy a copy of Vallarta Lifestyles magazine, it has listings and sample menus of all the better restaurants (as mentioned by frankie Trio & Cafe des Artistes are often recommended).
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Suze for info. my use of "good meal" really means restaurant with hopefully delicious, well prepared food, some ambience ( perhaps a good view) - water view always a plus, - casual smart. Judi
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 07:36 PM

You might enjoy dinner on Playa Los Muertos (the busy main local beach on the southside of town). All the restaurants have indoors, patios & some have beach seating. You can stroll along the boardwalk and check out the menus and displays of fresh food for the evening. Mariachi bands serenade (for a fair price). Tiki torches, etc. Go in time to catch a sunset. You can find from basic catch-of-the-day places to more high-end (La Palapa and Daquiri Dicks are often mentioned).
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 05:14 AM

Barcelona Tapas is wonderful up on a hill with a great view of the ocean and the sunset. Great food and service. Daquiri Dicks is a favorite, on the ocean, and the sunset is awesome from there also. Red Cabbage is awesome for authentic Mexican food and funky atmosphere, and I also like Marisco Tinos in Pitillal (no "view" but great food and atmosphere). You got some good suggestions, and I only repeated some of them because I always try to pick places that numerous people have recommended. Reservations are a really good idea if you end up having dinner in town, and always check to see who is open for lunch, some are not.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 06:34 AM

I think we have picked you the "cream of the crop" (if I do say so myself!)

But two correction to my own posts - about Playa Los Muertos, that's definitely a dinner thing, during the day would be just a regular beach-scene down there (I keep forgetting it's lunch not dinner you were asking about). And Red Cabbage is only open for dinner, for sure.

I had lunch the first time at Tino's when we asked our hotel front desk person/favorite taxi cab driver where he'd go to take his family somewhere nice, and that was his recommendation. But it is in Pitillal an outlying neighborhood to PV, so since you have just this one trip you might prefer to go somewhere actually in El Centro (downtown).