Search

Golf in P.V.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 1999, 06:24 PM
Les

Golf in P.V.

Has anyone had a good experience on the golf courses of P.V.? <BR> <BR>What are the courses like in the early part of February? <BR> <BR>Is it worth taking your clubs for a couple of games? <BR> <BR>Also, what is the deep-sea fishing like in February?

Old Feb 3rd, 1999, 09:53 AM
Norma

Les, <BR>Unfortunately, golf in PV is just OK--not like Cabo. There really are only two courses so far, the Marina Vallarta (semi-private; not real pretty--just a very average course); the second is further from town and basically a cow pasture--you'll be disappointed. The third should be great--a Jack Nicholas designed course--but not yet open. <BR> <BR>As for deep-sea fishing, my husband and his friend caught a 9-ft fish (I forget which kind) in Feb. a few years ago. They were happy about that. <BR> <BR>PV is great. We leave 2/13 for 10 days--our 5th trip down!! <BR> <BR>

Old Feb 3rd, 1999, 10:28 AM
JR

The Jack Nicholas course has been open a couple of months but it is for the exclusive use of residents of the Four Seasons Resort. <BR>For fishing see my site at <BR>http://www.vallarta-info.com <BR>or e-mail me. I live here. <BR>Hasta, <BR>JR

Old Feb 24th, 1999, 06:03 PM
mary

I dont quite agree with the opinion about the golf courses. I personally do like the Marina Golf Course, and it is definitely worth to take your clubs. Try to make reservations beforehand, because in high season ( jan-feb-mar ) the tee times during the morning get fully booked. The fishing is very good, and nice fishing charters are available. I actually live in Puerto Vallarta, contact me if I can help you with any other recommendations : [email protected] <BR>

Old Feb 26th, 1999, 10:14 AM
Norma

JR, <BR>Neither the Jack Nicholas golf course or the Four Seasons Hotel is open yet. I was just there last week, 2/18/99. We drove there from Mismaloya to get a peak of the new resort and the course. The guard outside of Punta de Mita (where the course is) said none of the resort facilities would be open for another two months. <BR> <BR>And, surprisingly, no road signs or anything promoting the new resort--go figure!! <BR>--Norma <BR>