Reload this Page >

Royal Maeva- Playa Del carmen at Christmas time

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 05:18 PM
julie

Our family is considering going to the Royal Maeva next Christmas. If we go then we'll be looking at paying an astronomical price, so we were wondering if anyone has been at this resort or this area at Christmas time- i.e. is it crowded, etc.? Any help would be appreciated!

Old Jan 14th, 1999, 08:09 AM
Doug

We stayed at the RMP for Easter break, it was full. We didn't feel crowded this resort only has 300 rooms and it is also the last resort on the beach so there is nothing to the south. I think this makes it feel less crowded. I would think that Christmas would be similar. Playa is great and much less crowded and touristy than Cancun.

Old Feb 6th, 1999, 07:53 AM
Elizabeth

Julie: We spent 2 weeks at the Royal Maeva in December and loved every minute. It never really seemed crowded altho we left before the Xmas crowd arrived. Everyone eats at different times, so you never feel rushed. It cost us a lot, especially with the Canadian dollar as it is, but it was worth every penny. Fantastic food, fun entertainment if you wanted to attend, great beaches and water activities, and it is probably the best resort for rooms with ocean view. We had ocean front and the room was perfect...lots of closet space, etc. Fresh towels if desired at 5 PM, lots of beer, pop, mineral water in the fridge daily and the bars serve international drinks. We had French wine with dinner, for example, and I was able to order Ballantyne Scotch. It has an international crowd so a few topless and it was fun. The Iberostar is on one side, but nothing but beach and some trees to the south, so it always seemed uncrowded. Book early...Christmas gets booked fast, even tho mucho pesos! And the room service is free and we were able to order our morning coffee without going downstairs. We think it is the top number one resort in the Playa area. <BR>We would go again, any time.

Old Feb 27th, 1999, 08:17 AM
G.Perkins

If the Club Maeva in Tampico is given to you as an alternative, don't take it!!It is a very un-safe resort where we never felt safe!! E-mail me if you'd like the details.

Old Feb 27th, 1999, 08:17 AM
G.Perkins

If the Club Maeva in Tampico is given to you as an alternative, don't take it!!It is a very un-safe resort where we never felt safe!! E-mail me if you'd like the details.

Old Feb 27th, 1999, 08:20 AM
G.Perkins

If they offer you acommodations at Club Maeva in Tampico, don't accept. We were late in getting resservations and ended up staying there. It was horrible! <BR>we had horrible things happen to us and we never felt safe. e-amil me for details.